+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The England squad.

The England squad.

Have been through it and there are nine players i know completely nothing about, it shows how much interest i have in the premier league, and it has only just come to my notice that the Scots are in there too.

Blimey. Joe Jordan was playing the last time the Picts got to a final.

I hope the Scots dry out well before kick off, and have put aside the syringes and weed. I wonder if they will take their own printed banknotes.

As for England, i fart on Southgate, he will win nothing, from the very start this is not the man who succeeds, indeed, he surrendered to the surrenderrers, the Italians.

What a monumental waste of space that man is.

With his timidity, anxiety to say the right thing, his jutting jaw, camogflaged by a beard, a jaw that has bit nowt. Even now im sure that if he heard an owl at night, he would shake.

In a BBC interview, he wont say of the Germans that he will dig up the bones of the players fathers, and make soup by moonlight. And of the French, that their arrogance is insufferable, and that he will stick something bad in their ass.

Like a 6ft 7 in centre half from Fegg Hayes FC, Stoke on Trent, an aggressive animal short on conscience, hot on violence goes a very very very long way.

I think they used to call it uncompromising, the ball into the road. An out and out defender. When Mbappe goes on a run.....and THAT comes at him, he will be running allright, out of the ground.

I remember two games when United played Blackpool and Southend a long time ago, both teams had a thug playing, the Southend defender was kicking all, but of course, mis timing.

The Blackpool player was worse, he had no fear of getting hurt.

The United players were frightened of both, you could see it, and it had a profound effect on the game.

Weve lost all of that, that the gorilla type has gone, like that bloke on match of the day, he played in the Arsenal team, unbeaten, the invincibles. He could not play, but he could stop, defend, very well thankyou.

If i was a manager, id have one more of that type in midfield, that if you went past him, you knew you were going down, or in a clash he was going to hurt you.

Thats whats missing, hit men. The old Leeds team had plenty.

Anyway, stand by for failure, a manager builds a team in his own image, Southgates team will not scrap, bare teeth, when the going gets hard, the hard get going.

Southgates team will lie down and die....like before.

Preferred Mike Basset as England Manager.. one of the greatest ever 👍😀

Calling up Benson and Hedges for the England squad was pure Mike Basset

Ricky Tomlinson was excellent as the manager. Im sure that once you learn the jargon, anyone can be a football manager at the highest level, its not rocket science.

If you understand football, getting the best out of the players you have cant be hard, the real challenge is man management, saying the right thing at the right time.

Bonner got the best out of his players by pulling out his tongue and saying, put it there, he was referring to the players as sholes.

If you watch a top level game variants happen more often in set up, and during a game, thats about it. Foden will always do Foden things, its the same for every player.

You wont play Foden at centre half. Getting the spiel is most of the job, like talking checkoslovakian to say play so and so at centre half.

Even Griff could do it, and you two and get paid handsomely. I notice Chelsea now have a set piece coach, i wonder when there will be a coach for setting one foot in front of another.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)