+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wembley

Does anyone know of a way to get their (Wembley) via public transport or organised bus trip ? It seems everything is sold out. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to get their (Wembley) via public transport or organised bus trip ? It seems everything is sold out. Thanks
    Depends where you are travelling from.

Train is usually best from "outlying areas" to get to a mainline station (Marylebone in the west, Euston/Kings Cross/St Pancras in the north, Liverpool Street from the east, Cannon St, Charing Cross, Victoria and Waterloo from various points of the compass in the south. Services will be busy, but as far as I know other than some operators insisting on seat booking, nothing else is "reservable" on scheduled trains (not football specials if they still exist!). Wembley Stadium station is serviced by a mainline rail operator, Chiltern, so you may be able to get there directly if coming in from the west, otherwise......

Once your in London, use the tube, it's clean, regular, and cheap (sounds like something else of a more personal nature!). Wembley Park is on the Metropolitan line, easily accessed from other stations like Baker St, and Wembley Central station is on the Bakerloo line, and like Wembley Stadium also has connections to mainline servcies from London Overground, London Midland and Southern, all of whom run regular scheduled services where "being booked up" shouldn't be a problem.

Hope some of that helps, and hope you all get the result we all want!
    Last edited by WTF11; 22-05-2024 at 07:32 PM.

Where are you coming from - if Leeds you better set off tonight …..

Thanks for the posts guys. I've just got sorted actually. Leeds Dyer Street coach station via National Express at 9.15 and return. MOT

Safe journey and let’s all hope we wander home deliriously happy

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Depends where you are travelling from.

Train is usually best from "outlying areas" to get to a mainline station (Marylebone in the west, Euston/Kings Cross/St Pancras in the north, Liverpool Street from the east, Cannon St, Charing Cross, Victoria and Waterloo from various points of the compass in the south. Services will be busy, but as far as I know other than some operators insisting on seat booking, nothing else is "reservable" on scheduled trains (not football specials if they still exist!). Wembley Stadium station is serviced by a mainline rail operator, Chiltern, so you may be able to get there directly if coming in from the west, otherwise......

Once your in London, use the tube, it's clean, regular, and cheap (sounds like something else of a more personal nature!). Wembley Park is on the Metropolitan line, easily accessed from other stations like Baker St, and Wembley Central station is on the Bakerloo line, and like Wembley Stadium also has connections to mainline servcies from London Overground, London Midland and Southern, all of whom run regular scheduled services where "being booked up" shouldn't be a problem.

Hope some of that helps, and hope you all get the result we all want!
    That's great info. I'll save that for the future or advice for others. Thanks for taking the time to provide those details. Very useful mate.

That's great info. I'll save that for the future or advice for others. Thanks for taking the time to provide those details. Very useful mate.
    My absolute pleasure and gald to know you got the Leeds/London leg sorted. Wherever the coach delivers you (unless it's Wembley stadium of course), use the tube not scheduled buses, they may have dedicated bus lanes but they are still as slow as walking through molasses in winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    To be fair all the players (young & old) under Farkes guidance-regime who've forced their way into his regular starting eleven deserve praise.

They've obviously all revaluated, assessed & re-accessed to become re-focused for sure several times this season, so have demonstrated that the "challenge" when presented can be skilfully met both mentally & physically - so that kind of tweaking within the "learning curve" when fully evaluated is quite reassuring as Coaching staff & players have learned how to remain much calmer under pressure & thus more composed as a unit, imo.

I know that the Wembley turf & stage atmosphere is gonna be lapped up for certain by our "confidence players". 👍
    All I want is for Leeds to win a big final game on a big stage. Just once. Hasn't happened since 1972, 52 years ago. Feels like a lifetime. Oh, wait, it is a lifetime.

Unfortunately I started as a Leeds fan the following year 1973 when we lost to Sunderland, typical,

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Unfortunately I started as a Leeds fan the following year 1973 when we lost to Sunderland, typical,
    Since 1972 Leeds have been in the following Finals:
    1973 FA Cup final Lost to Sunderland 0-1
    1973 Cup Winners Cup Final
    Lost to Milan 0-1
    1975 Champions Cup Final
    Lost to Bayern 0-2
    1996 League Cup Final Lost to Villa 0-3
    2006 playoff final lost to Watford 0-3
    2008 playoff final lost to Doncaster 0 -1
    Not one goal scored.
    Losses to Sunderland, Watford (1st goal) and Doncaster were lost by a goal from a corner.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)