+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 📺All of Jodi Jones' Goal Contributions 2023/24

📺All of Jodi Jones' Goal Contributions 2023/24

We will miss that next season.

Why? Do you know something we don't,. I firmly believe he will see out his 2 years. After all, we resurrected his career.

He would be mad to stay. His stock is high, he's missed several years from his career and he will have the opportunity to play at a higher level that he may not get again (I am assuming that there will be interest, as I can't see how there wouldn't be). If I were him, I'd be gone like a shot, if the chance were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    He would be mad to stay. His stock is high, he's missed several years from his career and he will have the opportunity to play at a higher level that he may not get again (I am assuming that there will be interest, as I can't see how there wouldn't be). If I were him, I'd be gone like a shot, if the chance were there.
    We have to factor in the appalling treatment he received at Oxford by their despicable manager
    Jones was held in high esteem at Coventry but then found himself on the end of downright spiteful treatment from Karl Robinson
    Jodi was prepared to drop to the NL to get game time and has said he really appreciated the way he's been valued here by the staff and fans alike
    Of course he has to do the best he can for his young family but I suspect that if we can make a decent offer in terms of salary and length of contract he might well commit to us with a new contract if he thinks we can push on for promotion next season
    Of course we don't know what the club want to do
    They may be prepared to sell to a club higher up the pyramid if we get a big enough offer
    As JJ says himself, people forget he's still under contract so it's academic if we don't want to sell

Jones is clearly happy here. Whether his ambition outweighs his current contentment at being a genuine star and fans' favourite, who knows, but I'd be surprised if he's not a Notts player come August. Can't see us keeping him beyond his contract though, unless we go up this coming season.

We've had Macca's goals, Jodi's contributions, when do we get the defensive blunders video?

I suppose box sets take a bit longer to compile.

Everything good and bad compressed into the one game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P3G0AsVOxE