+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Darrell Clarke is set to Barnsley FC as head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Shepherd will be in defence next season, Clarke played him a lot at Cheltenham.
    He did Perky and I made a comment on a couple of previous threads how decent Shepherd's form appeared to be. Shepherd scored, assisted and when he was in the team Cheltenham had some good results and clean sheets .

Cheltenham were decent for the last few months of the season. Sounds like we may get have found a good fit for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    He did Perky and I made a comment on a couple of previous threads how decent Shepherd's form appeared to be. Shepherd scored, assisted and when he was in the team Cheltenham had some good results and clean sheets .

Cheltenham were decent for the last few months of the season. Sounds like we may get have found a good fit for the club.
    Let's hope Shepherd returns and is like a new good addition to our squad Arbs and Perky.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Nivver heard of him - didn’t expect to.
    But he gets my support.
    Never heard of him .

No shyte sherlock .

Just listened to the Sormaz interview on Radio Sheffield.
    Wow 😮 !!!

That might put a few things to rest.
    Eg. the board knew Collins wasn’t going to be the long term choice.
    Going into the playoffs the board knew Collins style of play wouldn’t beat Peterborough or Bolton.
    Devaney knew how to apply the way Barnsley play with the press so let him have a go at it.

Revealing interview to say the least.
    And again underlines the importance the club holds on playing the Barnsley Way - Barnsley Style - Game Model.
    Or whatever you wanna call it.

A great, no nonsense, uplifting interview.

I've never heard of him either lol.
    But I'd not heard of Micky Duff or Neil Collins either before we signed them, and they both got us to the Play offs. 👍
    Btw speaking of Shepherd coming back, Id rather see Kasper Lopata back as well, ahead of De Gevainey.

Hey, that sounds like a good signing for you guys I hope he does well for you. I know he was very popular at at Port Vale and certainly liked to play attacking football. We loaned him one of our players Denis Politic after he returned from injury so I kept tabs on him. He also seems to have done a decent job trying to save Cheltenham but clearly didn’t have the players. I think this is a big challenge for him, the biggest club he’s been at so he should be full of beans to give it a go next year. Anyway let’s hope he gets you to second spot so you can come up with Wanderers next year? ��

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Never heard of him .

No shyte sherlock .
    I fully understand that positive news from the club isn’t going to lay easy with you.
    But at least try and cheer up.

Yours Sincerely
    Mr Spanner Fruitcake

Nivver heard of him - didn’t expect to.
    But he gets my support.
    If you follow Barnsley you will know about Darryl Clarke , simple as that .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    If you follow Barnsley you will know about Darryl Clarke , simple as that .
    To all you Barnsley supporters that had never heard of Darryl Clarke and Darrell Clarke - then clearly you are not following Barnsley properly.
    In other words - you are not a proper Barnsley fan.

To all you Barnsley supporters that had never heard of Darryl Clarke and Darrell Clarke - then clearly you are not following Barnsley properly.
    In other words - you are not a proper Barnsley fan.
    Trying to turn this thread on its head doesn’t work for me either Nudge.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast