+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WBA PREDICTION LEAGUE for 2023/24

Cheers Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    A belated thanks (due to being internet free for a couple of weeks. What a pleasure) to you Phil for all the hard work you put in in doing this for our entertainment.

Well done to Tippery Baggie also for and outstanding season.

Wow - internet free! Bet that’s actually brilliant as often dreamed about living in a remote place with beautiful walks away from all the hassle and stress!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Well done Tipps buddy and thanks phild for all the work in providing great fun for so many of the WBAmad contributors
    PS I seem to remember the first 2 years you ran it…there was only me and you in it ? !!!

PS I seem to remember the first 2 years you ran it…there was only me and you in it ? !!!
    Yes and you won a real prize, have you still got it???

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Wow - internet free! Bet that’s actually brilliant as often dreamed about living in a remote place with beautiful walks away from all the hassle and stress!
    We did have access but (me and the better half jointly) decided not to use it before we went. Phones were on only for emergencies but were never used. In all, it made for a stress free break, albeit, when we returned to the coal face it took for ever to clear the backlog. Fortunately some staff dealt with the most important and urgent matters, so that helped.

I’d certainly recommend it if you have the opportunity to leave the work behind with reliable people who you know that they know what they are doing. We make it a policy that when people are on leave you leave them alone unless it is absolutely necessary to contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Yes and you won a real prize, have you still got it???
    I hope it appears…..

Name:  IMG_2847.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  14.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    We did have access but (me and the better half jointly) decided not to use it before we went. Phones were on only for emergencies but were never used. In all, it made for a stress free break, albeit, when we returned to the coal face it took for ever to clear the backlog. Fortunately some staff dealt with the most important and urgent matters, so that helped.

I’d certainly recommend it if you have the opportunity to leave the work behind with reliable people who you know that they know what they are doing. We make it a policy that when people are on leave you leave them alone unless it is absolutely necessary to contact them.
    baggieal buddy…check out Lundy Island. We stayed there (a variety of self catering properties) no internet…but a pub open 24/7.
    Accessed by helicopter.

I hope it appears…..

Name:  IMG_2847.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  14.7 KB
    Pride of place on the window ledge as well, it could so easily have been tucked away in a knick knack box in the attic. I find it hard to believe that I gave you that 24 carat gold statue as a prize, golds worth a fortune now.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Pride of place on the window ledge as well, it could so easily have been tucked away in a knick knack box in the attic. I find it hard to believe that I gave you that 24 carat gold statue as a prize, golds worth a fortune now.
    But, you must have been # 2/runners up that season Phil (with two participants)…. You must have received something for that… 😎

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)