+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Darrell Clarke is set to Barnsley FC as head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Trying to turn this thread on its head doesn’t work for me either Nudge.
    Well I don’t know whether that was either for or against my post.
    But anyway - its noticeable that we have a good bit of news from the club and there’s nothing at all posted from those that are constantly slagging off the club.

It looks like their dog has run off - and they have nothing to kick anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    But anyway - its noticeable that we have a good bit of news from the club and there’s nothing at all posted from those that are constantly slagging off the club.

I always like it when someone goes early , a bit like the fruitcake who was giving it the big un after the first game of last season and told us all how clueless we all were , how did that one work out YN ?

Well first of all nobody knows if it's good news since we are several months away from the start of a new season and haven't anything to go on .

Every club requires a HC or a manager so that in itself is just appointing someone because the business requires it to , nothing more than that .

My research tells me he's a pragmatic HC with no particular style of play on his cv , he'll assess the way he wants to play when he's had a good look at the remaining squad and whatever if any the club can bring in .

So expect a style of play that Clarke feels he can be successful with would be my shout .

The motives for his acceptance of the job are pretty easy to work out , he knows it's a dysfunctional club but if he does well in a Duff / Collins Way then a bigger job may well be in the offering possibly as early as next year and he can get out higher up the pyramid , Duff got the Huddersfield job based on what he did at Oakwell not Swansea .

The Cheltenham job doesn't offer him that opportunity so career wise it's a risk worth taking , at the worst he'll probably get back in at a club in league two .

Again the done well on a meagre budget fits the profile we are currently seeking although he's some fails on that c.v notably at Walsall and he didn't save Cheltenham from the drop either last season , if we were in the same financial position as we were in 2018 when we hired Stendel I pretty much doubt he'd even have got an interview .

Whether he's a success here will depend on the recruitment or how quickly some young and returning players perform , again none of us know what's ahead on that score .

So to sum up we've managed to attract a HC who is prepared to take a chance at a dysfunctional club because his present job at newly relegated Cheltenham doesn't offer the same route to a bigger club and as everyone knows this is a risk and reward game .

Lots of moving parts to consider , after the first 10 games next season we will probably know more .

Hopefully he starts better than he did at Cheltenham last season .

Very good points Animal agree with everything but for just one thing he didn’t arrive at Chelts until after the disastrous opening ten games.
    Had he been appointed close season I reckon they would have stayed up, who knows, it’s a funny old game.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 23-05-2024 at 08:34 PM.

Against .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Very good points Animal agree with everything but for just one thing he didn’t arrive at Chelts until after the disastrous opening ten games.
    Had he been appointed close season I reckon they would have stayed up, who knows, it’s a funny old game.
    Poggy - they are not very good points.
    It’s the usual negative rubbish him and his followers spout - as they tip toe around one another hoping no one disagrees.
    It’s a Barnsley football message board FGS.
    This is the proud ex coal mining town of Barnsley - we are not 10 year old schoolgirls playing nice while doing Barbie makeup.

Everyone is happy (or nearly everyone) with this appointment and they will be so until it’s proved wrong.
    Fingers crossed it doesn’t go wrong - but if it does then that might (MIGHT) be the time for a down in the mouth hangdog comment.
    But for now be happy for the club and congratulate the directors on the appointment.

It’s the usual negative rubbish him and his followers spout - as they tip toe around one another hoping no one disagrees.
    This is the proud ex coal mining town of Barnsley - we are not 10 year old schoolgirls playing nice while doing Barbie makeup.

Everyone is happy (or nearly everyone) with this appointment and they will be so until it’s proved wrong.
    Fingers crossed it doesn’t go wrong - but if it does then that might (MIGHT) be the time for a down in the mouth hangdog comment.
    But for now be happy for the club and congratulate the directors on the appointment.

Remind me Nude who’s unhappy, not one single person have said on here that they are unhappy with this appointment.

It’s all about where the club is and how we got to where are in the first place.
    Mismanagement on a colossal scale not by the supporter's but by those running the circus.

I will give Clarke my full backing but the end of the day the proof will be in the pudding with how they back him and I quote “ exciting signings to come”

Let’s see if it’s possible and they for have woken up and smelt the coffee. We will soon see as we approach season three in division three.

It may well be possible that Clarke finds himself playing catch at the start of the season once again if a points deduction is imposed on the club. There will be no congratulations to this board from me on this or any other appointment until we see the job done.

Congratulation's to Clarke himself on his new job and let’s hope the sell on clause works to his advantage but it won’t the supporters we all know that given the clubs recent record.

I am quite happy with this appointment & hope it goes well ,but you will obviously sit on the fence as by your own admission you had never heard of him so how can you form an opinion ?

Just listened to the Sormaz interview on Radio Sheffield.
    Wow 😮 !!!

That might put a few things to rest.
    Eg. the board knew Collins wasn’t going to be the long term choice.
    Going into the playoffs the board knew Collins style of play wouldn’t beat Peterborough or Bolton.
    Devaney knew how to apply the way Barnsley play with the press so let him have a go at it.

Revealing interview to say the least.
    And again underlines the importance the club holds on playing the Barnsley Way - Barnsley Style - Game Model.
    Or whatever you wanna call it.

A great, no nonsense, uplifting interview.
    What a load of tripe, there is no way they could predict how we would have got on with Collins in charge and as for Devaney applying the press then that went well didn"t it , I watched both games and there was absolutely no difference in our style of play what so ever plus to admit that Collins was never going to be long term just shows how incompetent our current owners , why set him on in the first place if you did not think he could see the job through , we do not hear a sound out of the club for a month & then they come out with a load of tripe and you swallow it hook line and sinker .

be happy for the club and congratulate the directors on the appointment.
    Don't forget Nudge that Thalhammer was the Director's first choice.

Luckily we dodged a bullet there because of the Work Visa cock up.

As for my "negative" reaction to Clarke's appointment you can read it on Post 7 on this thread. A quick glance again at all the posts has left me struggling to find a single one of these negative reactions you claim to have read.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I always like it when someone goes early , a bit like the fruitcake who was giving it the big un after the first game of last season and told us all how clueless we all were , how did that one work out YN .
    It’s nice to hear that you hang on to every word that I say.
    But I can’t remember ‘giving it the big un’ after 7-0 win against Vale.

And I’ve never ever ‘told us all how clueless we all are’. That’s something that you have got lodged inside your own head.
    In other words - it’s a lie.

My thoughts about Collins when he first signed was the same as they are with the appointment of Clarke.
    I was really pleased that the club had got the HC that they were after.

The thoughts about Collins soon changed tho.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast