+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Pie - A Notts County Fanzine

There's also 6 tickets left now to this event at Metronome we're putting on tonight to celebrate! Get them while you can.
    https://www.gigantic.com/a-celebrati...24-05-23-19-00

Oh and if you've not seen it yet, the complete archives are now live...

https://piefanzine.com/

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Many happy memories of my trips to Selectadisc to buy the latest pie and I did write a few articles for Notts fanzines back in the day not sure if I was published in the pie but if anyone remembers "flickin n kickin" the Notts & Subbuteo fanzine I did a bit for them. I think there was another one as well. There would often be people outside the kop before it was rebuilt as well selling fanzines for away clubs and I amassed quite a collection. Someone did try and re*****ise the pie a few years ago and I think did one episode of it I think his name was John.
    I bought a flicking and kicking T shirt with a Notts Subbuteo man in the yellow-tinged Home Ales kit as the logo.
    Proudly worn until threadbare.

I was a huge fan of The Pie and would eagerly buy the latest issue from the top right wall in selectadisc. Think I still have them all in the loft along with early When Saturday Comes and I for some reason found myself buying City Gent the Bradford fanzine regularly.

Own a white long sleeved shirt with the front page of the football post. Think The Pie had something to do with it. ‘Notts Supreme as Forest Flounder’.

Also have an original copy of the withdrawn edition. Can’t remember the number but if memory is correct it was something to do with Birtles having the hump. Might be wrong.

I was a huge fan of The Pie and would eagerly buy the latest issue from the top right wall in selectadisc. Think I still have them all in the loft along with early When Saturday Comes and for some reason found myself buying City Gent the Bradford fanzine regularly.

Own a white long sleeved shirt with the front page of the football post. Think The Pie had something to do with it. ‘Notts Supreme as Forest Flounder’.

Also have an original copy of the withdrawn edition. Can’t remember the number but if memory is correct it was something to do with Birtles having the hump. Might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmasson View Post
    I was a huge fan of The Pie and would eagerly buy the latest issue from the top right wall in selectadisc. Think I still have them all in the loft along with early When Saturday Comes and I for some reason found myself buying City Gent the Bradford fanzine regularly.

I used to pick The Pie up from the wonderful Sportspages bookshop on Charing Cross Road. Sad day when that place closed. My favourite other fanzine from the 80s was Off the Ball, which was always a bit more irreverent than When Saturday Comes.

Old School mate of mine who I used to also go to games with wrote a few bits in The Pie.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I was on BBC Nottingham on Tuesday night talking about this footy fanzine project i've been working on (alongside Jim Cooke from The Pie and Bob Stevens from Brian)...
    Listen back > https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hv9rfg
    Thanks for the link. I tuned in half way through and was kicking myself that I missed it.

I had that tee-shirt, it lasted years. Quality!

Great project DSR, thank you for doing that, it'll be a great trip down memory lane.

Talking of shirts, has anyone else still got the 2003 Notts t shirt that says '1862 - ?' on it? One still going strong (ish) here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast