+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ticket Price scandle and Jeff Shi!

Ticket Price scandle and Jeff Shi!

Anyone ever been in a situation where you've felt you've been forced forward and then royally rogered from behind and there's absolutely nothing you could have done to stop it? I don't know exactly how many season ticket holders there are at Wolves! 15k?, 20k, I'm not sure, but I am sure every single one of them has felt like this has happened to them today! Because today, Wolves released next season's tickets prices.

This is going to be a rant!

Usually most clubs release their renewal prices well before the end of the season, hoping to bank as much money as possible for the following years campaign. Not this year with Wolverhampton Wanderers. We've not had a dicky of when the club would let us know what was going on. This has caused much speculation as to just how much next season would cost. Ten per cent perhaps? Maybe 12%, nowhere ****ing near as it happens! 17% in some cases, behind the goals, 176% if you happen to be an under 14 yr old in the upper central Billy Wright! Yep 176%. Huge rises across all sectors including the disabled and pensioners. One lad on a podcast I heard tonight said as an under 21 year old his season ticket had risen from just under £400 to just over £800 for next year!

I'm not sure I can find the exact word that would precisely describe my feelings on this. 'Disgusted' doesn't quite cut it! 'Despicable' is a damned sight closer! 'Royally Rogered' probably just about hits the spot! I haven't been this angry since Jez Moxey sold our soul to the Albion fans by giving them the South Bank for a 'Pie and a Pint'!

Let's get one thing straight here. I'm absolutely convinced this isn't a Board agreement thing, this is down to solely one man. This is a Jeff Shi thing!

Before unleashing these incredibly crippling price increases, in one of the most deprived areas in the UK Jeff Shi released a just as incredible ludicrous column in the local rag the 'Express and Star'!

He started this ridiculous article rambling on about a recent 'NetFlix' show about aliens, humans and bugs! That first paragraph alone should have screamed at you that this Muppet isn't on the same planet as the rest of us, but then it got more cynical! Wait for this one!

"Fans also play an important role. If you only pursue trophies or consistent European football, Wolves might not be an ideal choice"

That incredible statement came a few paragraphs later! Hold on a second Jeff, when we were promoted in 2017/18 you claimed we were on a 10 year plan to compete with the elite clubs chasing European success! If that's how you now feel Jeff perhaps that absurd comment should be turned on it's head and should be taken that perhaps this football club isn't for you!! If you're struggling not to find that comment insulting he followed it up with...

..".If you only love your local team and don’t mind their sporting achievements, Wolves may not be one either."

Mind boggling *******s!

I made my mind up not long after Wolves got promoted Shi had no actually affinity towards Wolves as a famous, historical football club when he sacked Laurie Darymple the CEO. Under Darymple there was a clear bond between the club and the fans. Shi, clearly felt uncomfortable with this so he sacked him and took on that position to go alongside his position as Chairman. Since then there has been absolutely no relationship between the club and us, the fans!

Since then Shi has shown a clear agenda of promoting the 'Project', through investment into ESports, Music Production and Fashion. The 'One Pack' logo is just a scheme to promote the 'Project' The 'Project' is nothing about Wolverhampton Wanderers the football club but more of a path through it to raise further investment for the Investment Company that owns Wolves 'Fosun International'!

I don't know how much interest Guo Guangchang, the owner of Fosun has directly in Wolverhampton Wanderers Football club but Shi is one of his disciples shoehorned in to run the club. It's clear Shi has no interest in us, he calls us 'Legacy Fans', but it is clear he's very interested in foreign fan investment. If it was down to him Molineux would only be filled by foreign tourists filling the stands and spending thousands through the outlets!

The 'Project' can only continue to work of course as long as we're in the Premier League. Fosun bought us for apparently £45m from Steve Morgan, while we're there we're probably now worth around £350m, however should we get relegated that 'Project' falls faster through the floor than **** through a goose!

We survived last season through a last minute January transfer window, and this season because Gary O'Neil did a remarkable through the first half of this. However, we've ended it in relegation form through a lack of investment. If we start off badly next season the 'One Pack' will turn, and it won't be pretty. I've seen it happen a few times before. Be warned Jeff Shi because they'll be coming for you!

Brilliantly put.

I genuinely can only see this going one way. Zero investment, fans having their eyes pulled out and the King Of Bullsh1tters Jeff Shi at the helm of a rapidly sinking ship.

GON to walk anyone?

An excellent write-up Plater. Hit the nail firmly on the head!

Someone’s set up a petition on change.org, up to nearly 7K signatures already.

As you say Plater a very odd statement from Shi, the contradiction between lower your expectations and here’s a big hike in ticket prices!

He's now trying to justify it.

Unbelievable.

After all the good work… we have a new Moxey, can he recover from this?

A very good article from the mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...XNgYoTmStHHdtg

I listened to Ryan Leister's 'WolvesSpace' podcast tonight, further discussing Wolves Season Ticket debacle.

I was saddened to hear fellow podcasters like Dave Azzopardi, and influential fans like Kieran Newey have put their money where their mouths are and have cancelled their renewals. I don't blame them, I can't criticize them, in fact I totally respect them! I had thought about doing the same myself. The fact is, I moved back to my home town from the South Coast 24 years ago to make following the club easier and less expensive. It was my sole reason for doing so.

With the VAR already ruining my matchday experience, and then these ludicrous season ticket price hikes I had to seriously evaluate whether I would re-new. In the end Lesley and I decided we weren't going to be driven out of our club by a miniature little dictator like Shi! However, should VAR not be improved next season, and depending if the Chinese midget decides to further increase prices I'm not so sure I'll have the same outlook.

I think Shi is playing a dangerous game of poker here, based on what is supposed to be a waiting list for Wolves Season Tickets. I've heard rumours that it might be 7,000 down to 4,000! I've also heard stories that someone who was in the 5,000's was suddenly offered a seat only a few weeks later! I don't know what the truth is, but if it's a lot lower than the rumours then the miniscule Chinaman is holding a Jack high and squeezing his butt cheeks real tight!

Looks line fan pressure has been rewarded with some backing down by the club … The decision to raise under 14 ticket prices has been reversed and adult season tickets will not go up again next year. I’m not sure this is enough to win back the trust and respect of the fans to be honest, I’m still undecided about whether to renew.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)