+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Darrell Clarke is set to Barnsley FC as head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Don't forget Nudge that Thalhammer was the Director's first choice.

Luckily we dodged a bullet there because of the Work Visa cock up.

As for my "negative" reaction to Clarke's appointment you can read it on Post 7 on this thread. A quick glance again at all the posts has left me struggling to find a single one of these negative reactions you claim to have read.
    Yes I know you were pleased SB.
    But Animals post - ‘nobody knows its good news’.
    Jeez !!!
    Although other posters have now also voiced their approval of the HC.
    So there is a little ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds.

I think the Thalhammer is an interesting topic.
    I can fully understand why the club first looked at the continent - as there are HCs there that play the same system as what the club wants to see implemented here.

But would a continental HC bring with them the same up and at um aggression that comes with appointing someone like Clarke who knows how rough the English leagues can be.

We saw that aggression with Ismael and Stendel - but I think there is that risk of appointing someone from the continent.

I would think most people would realise what Animal was getting at. No one knows on the first day of a HC appointment if it will work out to be a success. They need to be given time. All that "nobody knows it's good news" is simply the age-old expression that no one knows if it will work out well until sufficient time has passed to make a judgement.

Darrell Clarke says “The club is driven by data which gets you good information but doesn’t give you the whole picture... I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t hit the data stats. for me, the key is mentality, gameplans, training, togetherness, culture. That doesn’t come from data, it comes from within."

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Darrell Clarke says “The club is driven by data which gets you good information but doesn’t give you the whole picture... I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t hit the data stats. for me, the key is mentality, gameplans, training, togetherness, culture. That doesn’t come from data, it comes from within."
    Yes there’s some important things being said in these interviews with Sormaz and Clarke.

I think what Clarke is alluding to in that interview is - it’s no good identifying players that fit the Game Model - if you haven’t got an HC that can implement the Game Model.

And that’s exactly why Collins lost his job.

It’s going to be interesting to watch how the Sormaz and Clarke relationship pans out.
    Clarke will already know the playing philosophy at the club. How he trains the players to fit the system is going to be interesting.
    Personally I’d love to see us carry on where Ismael left off - reverting to the blitzkrieg 343 system.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes I know you were pleased SB.
    But Animals post - ‘nobody knows its good news’.
    Jeez !!!
    Although other posters have now also voiced their approval of the HC.
    So there is a little ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds.

I think the Thalhammer is an interesting topic.
    I can fully understand why the club first looked at the continent - as there are HCs there that play the same system as what the club wants to see implemented here.

But would a continental HC bring with them the same up and at um aggression that comes with appointing someone like Clarke who knows how rough the English leagues can be.

We saw that aggression with Ismael and Stendel - but I think there is that risk of appointing someone from the continent.
    Well your mistaking news for good news , goods news is generated by positive events and since we are still in May and around 9 weeks to the new season there's nothing going on at the moment that would generate good news on the field .

Neither have we signed any new players and even if we had nobody knows what they will be like or if they are even better than the ones we've let go .

So the news only turns in to good news when or if we start winning games of football consistently and we can asses the merits of the squad and the HC .

I'm struggling to understand why this is so remarkably hard for you to understand , seems prefect common sense to me .

The recruitment of a new HC is something we do every season and have done for well over a decade so that in itself is fairly routine stuff and nothing really to be jumping up and down about .

I mean it's not as if you know anything about Clarke , you'd never heard of him remember so you yourself to proclaim it's good news seems rather bizarre and speculative at best .

I'm happy with my position YN and we'll see in due course how events unfold .

Congratulations to Darrel.i will congratulate the directors when they stop dropping Bollox. Embarrassing the club and its supporters, Getting us thrown out of competitions, sort out the Work Permit stupidity, organise shirts for the opening day of the season, stop posting cra@p, cut the flamethrower gimmicks, and concentrate on providing me and the rest with football we WANT to watch… entertaining, exciting and organised.
    £800 out of our house last season before a ball kicked. To be bored stupid by the type of football played.
    Entertain me,. Provide enjoyment between 3 and 5.
    Then I will congratulate them. But for employing someone… nah

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    The next thing that may happen is that the club send people called "scouts" out to watch a player playing away on a wet Tuesday night, their team is 0-2 down, and watch how they react/ perform. There is no column for that on a data spreadsheet.

Once again we will be fishing in the pool of end of contract free agents, free transfers and token fee players from the lower Third Division, Fourth Division, Non-League and maybe the odd player with experience. Clarke may know one or two if he is allowed an input.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-05-2024 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes there’s some important things being said in these interviews with Sormaz and Clarke.

I think what Clarke is alluding to in that interview is - it’s no good identifying players that fit the Game Model - if you haven’t got an HC that can implement the Game Model.

And that’s exactly why Collins lost his job.

It’s going to be interesting to watch how the Sormaz and Clarke relationship pans out.
    Clarke will already know the playing philosophy at the club. How he trains the players to fit the system is going to be interesting.
    Personally I’d love to see us carry on where Ismael left off - reverting to the blitzkrieg 343 system.
    Are you aware that quite a few supporters aren't too keen on seeing Val type football again , interesting reading the comments across the various social media platforms when one or two were suggesting getting him back , it was mixed .

There's a significant poster on this board who wouldn't watch Val ball if the team were playing in his back garden .

I’m on that bus too Animal.

No to hoofball

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Are you aware that quite a few supporters aren't too keen on seeing Val type football again , interesting reading the comments across the various social media platforms when one or two were suggesting getting him back , it was mixed .

There's a significant poster on this board who wouldn't watch Val ball if the team were playing in his back garden .
    My back yard isn't big enough to launch it high into the corner and have the defence line up by the weshing line ready to play head tennis.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast