+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood clots on lung?

Blood clots on lung?

I’ve just heard from my son who’s up at Russell’s Hall Hospital having felt unwell this week and he’s coughed up blood today.

They think he’s got a blood cot on his lung and he’s awaiting tests.

Any of you suffered from this problem…..I don’t have any real understanding of this issue?

Pulmonary embolism according to Dr.Google...serious but treatable.

Hope he’s ok Mick so best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Hope he’s ok Mick so best wishes!
    Thanks mate.

Hopefully he quits smoking for good now.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

I had a pulmonary embolism a few months ago. I heard a doctor saying ‘It is still no good…have we got the number of the next of kin?’ A very strange situation. Apparently it had been caused by blood clots in my calf migrating to my chest. I had just felt unwell for a couple of weeks but could not put it down to anything. I was beginning to find walking increasingly difficult as I was more or less gasping for breath but I didn’t think about it. I was nagged into calling the GP when I outlined my symptoms (very difficult) and I had to apologise at times as I couldn’t get my breath. They were bamboozled and suggested I take a covid test and get back to them if there was no improvement. I knew the test would be negative and I still felt bad. I phoned and they said dial 999 immediately. I can’t remember doing this. God knows what was happening to me. It all kicked off when I passed out in the hospital.

There was no coughing up blood. I passed out because the clots were causing my blood pressure to dramatically fall and they couldn’t right it. I was put in intensive car and with treatment I slowly recovered.

I only say all this as it seems it might be a little different to your son. The important thing is that he is in the right place. He will be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I had a pulmonary embolism a few months ago. I heard a doctor saying ‘It is still no good…have we got the number of the next of kin?’ A very strange situation. Apparently it had been caused by blood clots in my calf migrating to my chest. I had just felt unwell for a couple of weeks but could not put it down to anything. I was beginning to find walking increasingly difficult as I was more or less gasping for breath but I didn’t think about it. I was nagged into calling the GP when I outlined my symptoms (very difficult) and I had to apologise at times as I couldn’t get my breath. They were bamboozled and suggested I take a covid test and get back to them if there was no improvement. I knew the test would be negative and I still felt bad. I phoned and they said dial 999 immediately. I can’t remember doing this. God knows what was happening to me. It all kicked off when I passed out in the hospital.

There was no coughing up blood. I passed out because the clots were causing my blood pressure to dramatically fall and they couldn’t right it. I was put in intensive car and with treatment I slowly recovered.

I only say all this as it seems it might be a little different to your son. The important thing is that he is in the right place. He will be OK.
    Thats horrific Q, I’m glad you recovered, it sounded very “touch and go” to say the least.

Thank you for the info.

He has got a clot in his lower lung and a blood reading of 1300+ which apparently is very high, it’s supposed to be well under 500 on this particular test.

They’ve injected a large amount of warfarin into him and also put him on antibiotics as they say he also has plurocy and he goes back in a couple of days for more tests to see how big the clot is.

Thanks chaps, most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Thats horrific Q, I’m glad you recovered, it sounded very “touch and go” to say the least.

Thank you for the info.

He has got a clot in his lower lung and a blood reading of 1300+ which apparently is very high, it’s supposed to be well under 500 on this particular test.

They’ve injected a large amount of warfarin into him and also put him on antibiotics as they say he also has plurocy and he goes back in a couple of days for more tests to see how big the clot is.

Thanks chaps, most helpful.
    Wishing him a speedy recovery, how is he doing today?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Wishing him a speedy recovery, how is he doing today?
    All seems okay at the moment thanks Dave.

Hi Mick,I've only just seen this post hope your son is doing well and good luck at Harley st.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)