+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Managers, old players other clubs

Old Managers, old players other clubs

Is it only Barnsley fans that re hash and get giddy bleating about “bring ……. Back do you think?
    Personally, Ive had enough of reading stuff like
    Hourihane…”woooooo”
    Ishmael “wooooo. Would do a great job!”
    Fetch Redders in……
    Mark Roberts…… still do a job…..
    Stendel…..
    Struber

Just me ?

It quite often doesn't work Jules but sometimes it comes off as with Adam Hammill.

We need an old head and leader with all the kids we have-maybe Hourihane would fill that gap.

If we play a pressing high tempo, up and at em type of game.

How do the ageing legs of Hourihane fit into that approach?

Good player but not sure about him

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    If we play a pressing high tempo, up and at em type of game.

How do the ageing legs of Hourihane fit into that approach?

Good player but not sure about him
    The quality players pull the strings Eths, take the free kicks and corners and organise the kids running abart,

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Is it only Barnsley fans that re hash and get giddy bleating about “bring ……. Back do you think?
    Personally, Ive had enough of reading stuff like
    Hourihane…”woooooo”
    Ishmael “wooooo. Would do a great job!”
    Fetch Redders in……
    Mark Roberts…… still do a job…..
    Stendel…..
    Struber

Just me ?
    Personally Jules it is about peoples opinions and usually when someone wants someone to return it is usually because that individual has done well for us in the past , you are obviously referring to Hourihane , whilst I do not usually want players to come back but in his case I would love him to return , his experience at international level , premier league & championship would be invaluable & the lad played in 47 league games last season and captained his team to promotion , what is not to like .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It quite often doesn't work Jules but sometimes it comes off as with Adam Hammill.

We need an old head and leader with all the kids we have-maybe Hourihane would fill that gap.
    He is the exception I was thinking of….. can’t think of another……. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Personally Jules it is about peoples opinions and usually when someone wants someone to return it is usually because that individual has done well for us in the past , you are obviously referring to Hourihane , whilst I do not usually want players to come back but in his case I would love him to return , his experience at international level , premier league & championship would be invaluable & the lad played in 47 league games last season and captained his team to promotion , what is not to like .
    I wouldn’t be averse to him coming back…. No axe to grind with Hourihane coming back, I was pleased for him when he went, deserved a chance made a cracking life for himself and his family and played in the top league. Some of the others mentioned, and the fervour attached to past players and managers returning is something I struggle to understand.
    Hammil was a revelation upon returning, Clarke, Wilson not so much.
    I can’t think of many other players/managers going back 50 years to be fair who have returned and succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I wouldn’t be averse to him coming back…. No axe to grind with Hourihane coming back, I was pleased for him when he went, deserved a chance made a cracking life for himself and his family and played in the top league. Some of the others mentioned, and the fervour attached to past players and managers returning is something I struggle to understand.
    Hammil was a revelation upon returning, Clarke, Wilson not so much.
    I can’t think of many other players/managers going back 50 years to be fair who have returned and succeeded.
    I must agree with you , with the odd exception going back rarely works and as well as players it has failed with two of our most successful managers in Clarke and Wilson , especially Wilson whose second spell can only be classed as turgid at best but fans will always have their favourites and will always welcome them back , for me for a player to be offered a return it has to be because it is thought he can do a specific job over a certain time & not for nostalgia and I do believe with Hourihane that he ticks the return button for a number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The quality players pull the strings Eths, take the free kicks and corners and organise the kids running abart,
    Correct SB. And I suspect that he can still run faster than Russell 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Correct SB. And I suspect that he can still run faster than Russell ��
    ......and he can take the penalties.

Would you trust a potential 89th minute match winning penalty to any of our present "strike force"--Watters, Cosgrove, Dallas or Shaw ?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast