+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kompany to Bayern done deal

What ever the figure is, its a fantastic and lucky piece of business.

I would have given BM 10 milly to take him off our hands.

The club under him had become a joke 😃

Believe compensation to be 10.2M with add on's

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    Believe compensation to be 10.2M with add on's
    Luvvly jubbly.Good job we did not sack him in the middle of the season that would probably have cost a few million.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 25-05-2024 at 03:59 PM.

A bit of German piffle & waffle for you guys to digest: "Kompany’s acceptance of a potential contract until 2027 also demonstrates his long-term commitment to the role, signalling a future where he expects to mould the team’s talents and big names into a cohesive unit. The anticipated transfer fee, reported to be between ten to15 million euros, albeit lower than Burnley’s initial twenty million euro demand, also speaks to the negotiated understanding between the two clubs."

Where have we all heard about Das Kaiser's "long-term commitment to the role" before?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A bit of German piffle & waffle for you guys to digest: "Kompany’s acceptance of a potential contract until 2027 also demonstrates his long-term commitment to the role, signalling a future where he expects to mould the team’s talents and big names into a cohesive unit. The anticipated transfer fee, reported to be between ten to15 million euros, albeit lower than Burnley’s initial twenty million euro demand, also speaks to the negotiated understanding between the two clubs."

Where have we all heard about Das Kaiser's "long-term commitment to the role" before?
    Brighton held talks with Kompany and his entourage back in April as reported by Sacha Tavolieri on X on April 22.Pace knew nothing about it.He was already planning his next moves hence the fallout with Bellamy.This really leaves a bad taste in the mouth after all the BS-just like this BS which he will discard if Citeh come calling in 12 months or 2 years time.
    I presume even the players knew before the Newcastle game which explains the performance in that match.Water under the bridge now but all will be revealed in time.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 26-05-2024 at 06:29 AM.

It all makes me even more furious Pace sacked Sean Dyche for not being a "s-ex-y" manager. I'm really quite glad the decision to sack Dyche and appoint Das Kaiser has come round and bitten him on the arse.

Rumours abound Bellamy is not going to Munich and hopes to land the vacant managerial gig at Turf Moor.

Alan Pace has either played a very shrewd hand or (as some have suggested) been very lucky. I tend to the former view. He tied VK to a long contract and resisted a lot of pressure not to sack VK during a very disappointing Premier League campaign. We will now get a very welcome amount of compensation in the bank from Bayern instead of having to fork out compensation from sacking VK. The question now is who will step into the Turf Moor hot seat and make no mistake this is a critical appointment and comes with a lot of pressure. Some are convinced that Burnley will retain enough quality players after relegation to walk the Championship. Footballing matters are rarely so straightforward as Manchester United demonstrated yesterday at Wembley. Today Southampton and Leeds will find out which of them must remain in the Championship for at least another season though both sets of fans would probably have expected at the start of the season to be returning to the PL at the first time of asking.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Alan Pace has either played a very shrewd hand or (as some have suggested) been very lucky. I tend to the former view. He tied VK to a long contract and resisted a lot of pressure not to sack VK during a very disappointing Premier League campaign. We will now get a very welcome amount of compensation in the bank from Bayern instead of having to fork out compensation from sacking VK. The question now is who will step into the Turf Moor hot seat and make no mistake this is a critical appointment and comes with a lot of pressure. Some are convinced that Burnley will retain enough quality players after relegation to walk the Championship. Footballing matters are rarely so straightforward as Manchester United demonstrated yesterday at Wembley. Today Southampton and Leeds will find out which of them must remain in the Championship for at least another season though both sets of fans would probably have expected at the start of the season to be returning to the PL at the first time of asking.
    Could not agree more Outwood.Get the appointment right and we could bounce back if he can get the Kompany players on board.Get it wrong and we are mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It all makes me even more furious Pace sacked Sean Dyche for not being a "s-ex-y" manager. I'm really quite glad the decision to sack Dyche and appoint Das Kaiser has come round and bitten him on the arse.

Rumours abound Bellamy is not going to Munich and hopes to land the vacant managerial gig at Turf Moor.
    When you think why Sean was sacked and VK was not it really is a bad reflection on Pace and the board.He has come up smelling of roses but I very much doubt by design.We need a new manager who is able to pick up the pieces and get the Kompany players to buy into his style of football-will not be easy.I do not think bellamy is the solution.Robins for me.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 26-05-2024 at 08:04 AM.

A first eleven of Muric, Roberts, Esteve, Beyer, Taylor, Brownhill, Cullen, Berge, Odobert, Amdouni & Koleosho would totally pi$$ the Championship.

With another 14 "others" to back them up, I think even I could get them back up on the first bounce.

I just do not see a problem, I really don't.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)