+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing track: squad as it stands...

The last six post 👏🏻.

Since February the performance on the pitch has been lacking in fight. Critics of the team and management have gone wild.
    I believe the reason it was so poor, that it was known within the club that SE would return.

He had been quietly informed and set about finding the available players he wanted. That would explain how, as soon as the whistle blew at the end of the season, his chosen players were lining up on New York Way.

Never before have we recruited so many players before August between seasons. Perhaps Tony S was not sunning himself on a beach all Spring. Whatever happens in the coming season we should be well prepared.

Got enough 30 + aged players now need some younger legs in the side. I want to see Hull & McGuckin given a chance in the friendly's.

Quote Originally Posted by Canklow Kid View Post
    Since February the performance on the pitch has been lacking in fight. Critics of the team and management have gone wild.
    I believe the reason it was so poor, that it was known within the club that SE would return.

He had been quietly informed and set about finding the available players he wanted. That would explain how, as soon as the whistle blew at the end of the season, his chosen players were lining up on New York Way.

Never before have we recruited so many players before August between seasons. Perhaps Tony S was not sunning himself on a beach all Spring. Whatever happens in the coming season we should be well prepared.
    Interesting theory and that would explain some of the comments in his interview yesterday evening.
    He said preparations have been made to sign these players for months but I took that to mean by Rob Scott.

He also said that he’s been criticised by some clubs, namely Blackpool, who are going to take their time. His response to that was that due diligence was undertaken months ago and SE did his own investigations as to whether these players would be available months ago too. Presumably by making phone calls to his contacts, Managers, Agents and establishing what the released lists were likely to say. Then tap up the agents and say ….call me.

He wasn’t bragging, he was just saying he was just doing his job. Others clearly haven’t
    Last edited by flourbasher; 25-05-2024 at 08:48 AM.

Well...don`t think I can ever remember so many signings so quickly,even mad for Evans !
    But,he does have a lot of places to fill,so it`s probably a good thing we`ve hit the ground running,still plenty to do,really looking forward to the attacking players coming in,think we need 3 such midfielders,but so far so good.

All the signings so far haven't really needed a lot of due diligence.They are all highly capable League 1 players.If SE hadn't thought for a second about them before joining the club then it wouldn't take long to formulate that list,especially taking into account his knowledge of the division.He is trying to accumulate a 'just add water' League 1 promotion team.This is not rocket science,the most impressive part is in getting these deals over the line so early.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12