+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: happy 10 year ambitious but brilliant anniversary

happy 10 year ambitious but brilliant anniversary

It was 10 years ago today since the amazing come back win against Leyton Orient at Wembley and the Revell Wonder goal.
    I did like that Grey kit. Be nice to have another like it for next season

Karl, doesn't time fly! I was in Benidorm at the time with a mate. When it got to half time he said we should go back to our hotel as we were all inclusive and what's the point staying and paying at a bar, no one comes back from 2-0 down at Wembley..........he is a Blade though.

Wheres that gone ?

I drove up on me own from Cornwall- was on the phone all thru the game to my son who was watchin in oz ( not where dorothy went )

Have watched Revells goal nearly as much as Alan Lees an Rodney Ferns

UTM

What a goal, if a premiership player had scored that, it would have been splashed all over the TV & papers for long enough, but no, little club Rotherham United player scored it, did not get recondition it deserved.

Last edited by Brin; 25-05-2024 at 01:41 PM.

Not being biased at all but they scream, shout and laud over Gazza goal against Scotland at Wembley. Yes it was good as it required technical skill not only to flick over a player but to follow up by catching the ball and hitting it on the volley.....yes a great goal indeed.

Now compare what Revs had to do as for ball control. He uses his midriff to get the ball to bounce, looks up and realises it a one off chance. To apply the pressure of the shot, put the correct angle on contact and loop it like he did, he'd never repeat that again if he tried 100 times.
    It was something of pure and utter magic and for me, the best EVER goal scored at Wembley.

Should have called the thread happy 10 year ambitious but brilliant anniversary 👍🏻

.....still a great watch even after 10yrs...............UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Not being biased at all but they scream, shout and laud over Gazza goal against Scotland at Wembley. Yes it was good as it required technical skill not only to flick over a player but to follow up by catching the ball and hitting it on the volley.....yes a great goal indeed.

Now compare what Revs had to do as for ball control. He uses his midriff to get the ball to bounce, looks up and realises it a one off chance. To apply the pressure of the shot, put the correct angle on contact and loop it like he did, he'd never repeat that again if he tried 100 times.
    It was something of pure and utter magic and for me, the best EVER goal scored at Wembley.
    What about Gary Alexander's very similar goal? That always gets brought up in comparison.

Looking forward to another rollercoaster ride under SE 👍btw I said to my young boys at the time at H/T we wasn’t finished just yet . The amount of time we had come back from losing positions that season was something else. I knew we would get back into it . The rest is history. Great day , probably the best of them all imo .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast