+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Erm hes back "

One of the key people at Plymouth used to coach him whilst was a player at Manu.
    Hope they used other criteria as well to make this appointment.

I can’t see what other credentials he’s got though so maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    One of the key people at Plymouth used to coach him whilst was a player at Manu.
    Hope they used other criteria as well to make this appointment.

I can’t see what other credentials he’s got though so maybe not
    Taking this role at Plymouth Argyle feels like the perfect next step in my career – So if a bigger club comes for me I’m off. What a 2Hat.

Football manager must be the only high profile job in the world where you can be so ****e, get sacked and then walk straight back into another one.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Football manager must be the only high profile job in the world where you can be so ****e, get sacked and then walk straight back into another one.
    Banking 😉

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I think he will do okay.

His management failure has been exaggerated.

Did a good job at Derby in difficult circumstances and was on a hiding to nothing at Birmingham.
    I agree, due to the restrictions at Derby and the fact he was only at Birmingham for short period of time, he’s never actually had chance to sign a single player for a fee for either. Probably shouldn’t be fully judged as a manager until he’s had chance to build a team and spend a bit of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I agree, due to the restrictions at Derby and the fact he was only at Birmingham for short period of time, he’s never actually had chance to sign a single player for a fee for either. Probably shouldn’t be fully judged as a manager until he’s had chance to build a team and spend a bit of cash.
    Perhaps so but history doesn’t lie

He only survived the drop with Derby because of our inability to pick up just more one win from a plethora of games in hand. We really should have buried them but our players bottled it. He was able to sign a lot of free agents who,s remuneration would have eclipsed ours by some distance. He got lucky that season .

With regards to his tenure at Birmingham he inherited a squad in the playoffs or thereabouts and he then presided over a consistent tumble to the relegation zone. So he had the tools for the job already, he just didn’t know how to do it. Surely he has to be judged on that. It was a catastrophic collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    You’re not wrong but even championship winning managers get sacked for poor results.

He only survived the drop with Derby because of our inability to pick up just more one win from a plethora of games in hand. We really should have buried them but our players bottled it. He was able to sign a lot of free agents who,s remuneration would have eclipsed ours by some distance. He got lucky that season .

With regards to his tenure at Birmingham he inherited a squad in the playoffs or thereabouts and he then presided over a consistent tumble to the relegation zone. So he had the tools for the job already, he just didn’t know how to do it. Surely he has to be judged on that. It was a catastrophic collapse.
    Flour, good points.

Just ask yourself this question
    If you had to choose from Rooney, Taylor or Richardson who would you choose? It would probably be Rooney but speaks volumes when I had to think about it 😆

He only survived the drop with Derby because of our inability to pick up just more one win from a plethora of games in hand. We really should have buried them but our players bottled it.
    Doesn’t every team who survives do so because the team below them didn’t pick up more points? Bit harsh to say our players bottled it, I don’t remember anyone else having to play a quarter of a season in 30 days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast