+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kompany to Bayern done deal

A first eleven of Muric, Roberts, Esteve, Beyer, Taylor, Brownhill, Cullen, Berge, Odobert, Amdouni & Koleosho would totally pi$$ the Championship.

With another 14 "others" to back them up, I think even I could get them back up on the first bounce.

I just do not see a problem, I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    When you think why Sean was sacked and VK was not it really is a bad reflection on Pace and the board.
    But do we know why Sean was sacked CiB ? I've heard it was nothing to do with results or performances but more the behaviour of one of the coaching staff. Mr Pace wanted him sacked and Sean didn't, it became an 'if he goes, I go' situation and Mr Pace wasn't for backing down. Whether it's true or not I have no idea, but it would explain the bizarre timing of the sacking when staying up was still eminently possible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A first eleven of Muric, Roberts, Esteve, Beyer, Taylor, Brownhill, Cullen, Berge, Odobert, Amdouni & Koleosho would totally pi$$ the Championship.

With another 14 "others" to back them up, I think even I could get them back up on the first bounce.

I just do not see a problem, I really don't.
    Perhaps short of a goal scorer?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But do we know why Sean was sacked CiB ? I've heard it was nothing to do with results or performances but more the behaviour of one of the coaching staff. Mr Pace wanted him sacked and Sean didn't, it became an 'if he goes, I go' situation and Mr Pace wasn't for backing down. Whether it's true or not I have no idea, but it would explain the bizarre timing of the sacking when staying up was still eminently possible.
    I knew nothing about that Sinkov.Who do you think will be our next manager?

Who do you think will be our next manager?
    I have no idea CiB, the appointment of Vinni came right out of the blue, quite possibly Mr Pace's next choice will be another surprise. None of the names suggested so far fills me with any great enthusiasm, so I'm taking Sub's line on this, I can't do anything about it, so I'm not thinking or worrying about it.

When you think why Sean was sacked and VK was not it really is a bad reflection on Pace and the board.He has come up smelling of roses but I very much doubt by design.We need a new manager who is able to pick up the pieces and get the Kompany players to buy into his style of football-will not be easy.I do not think bellamy is the solution.Robins for me.
    Looking at things now with what has happened, I think that the club could not afford to sack VK mid-season because of the amount of compensation which would have been needed plus the amount of money needed to engage a new manager.
    Bottom line is that we do not have the finances available because we are payng off lots of interest on loans etc.

I am a long way from the Turf, however, I have heard similar and didn't Jay say that he wouldn't sign another contract as long as a certain coach was involved ---no names were mentioned but...........

I have no idea CiB, the appointment of Vinni came right out of the blue, quite possibly Mr Pace's next choice will be another surprise. None of the names suggested so far fills me with any great enthusiasm, so I'm taking Sub's line on this, I can't do anything about it, so I'm not thinking or worrying about it.
    I agree that the names mentioned to date have been uninspiring.
    I'm still hoping we pull another name out of the blue like VK , somebody to excite & inspire the players & fans , a big name who can attract players to our club.
    Sad to say but I think most of the squad (good or bad) came because of VK rather than Burnley FC and despite other peoples thoughts , I don't want to return to the Sean Dyche area as good a job as he did for the club , the football was tepid and boring.
    I hope we can build on the football style we've been playing without the stubbornness to consistently stick to playing from back.

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    I'm still hoping we pull another name out of the blue like VK , somebody to excite & inspire the players & fans , a big name who can attract players to our club.
    According to Nixon, Frank Lampard is on our shortlist. He's certainly a big name who could attract players but whether he excites and inspires our fans I'm not so sure. He certainly doesn't excite this one.

According to Nixon, Frank Lampard is on our shortlist. He's certainly a big name who could attract players but whether he excites and inspires our fans I'm not so sure. He certainly doesn't excite this one.
    Did a half decent job at Derby but after that it was one disaster after another.Why on earth we would be looking at him is beyond me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)