+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Managers, old players other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Nudger you have not read my response , I am referring to all our departing players who let their contacts run down , I have not mentioned any individual and I repeat you you are guessing that the club did not try to keep any of them , you do not know what conversations have taken place , you guess and express your guesses as fact but you do not know any more than the rest of us .
    As with all things like this we can only take what comes out of the club.
    I asked if you had seen his (Kanes) interview - and what mood he portrayed during that interview.
    To me - he knew his time at Barnsley was coming to an end.

A few months ago some fans were berating the club because they were saying these directors knew nothing about football.
    They didn’t need telling.
    Since then they have employed a CEO, DoF and Club Secretary.

Then the supporters were abusing the directors for not appointing an HC.
    And then Clarke was signed.
    Which nearly all of us thinks is great news as he seems to fit the bill.

Now we have supporters saying we haven’t signed anyone.

Since then we have had the Sormaz and Clarke interviews. Which reinforces the way the club wants to play.
    From that we can only assume that Kane didn’t fit - which I’m not surprised about - but I think Cole could have done a job given the right service.
    Obviously the club doesn’t believe that.
    And IMO thats because they are making space within the squad for some signings that’s going to surprise a few people.

Mark my words on this.
    Exciting times ahead.

Both Kane and Cole were signed on Championship wages. My logical guess is that we couldn't match those figures in the current financial position that the club finds itself in, therefore they were released to reduce our wage bill.

Mark my words on this.
    Exciting times ahead.

Hanging on your every word…… you have been right all along

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Mark my words on this.
    Exciting times ahead.

Hanging on your every word…… you have been right all along
    Thank you.
    But joking apart - I think there was only me and you and maybe one or two more that had the same view about Collins style of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Thank you.
    But joking apart - I think there was only me and you and maybe one or two more that had the same view about Collins style of football.
    The style of football that got us to the play offs with a far weaker squad than the previous season , a squad stripped of quality players with the owners made a massive cock up with one match to go, and the rest is history as they say and we move on , lets hope the next chapter brings dividends & we all want our new coach to be a success so fingers crossed the suits down at Oakwell get their act together, however I am afraid that as captains of our ship I wouldn"t trust them to captain a rowing boat .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    The style of football that got us to the play offs with a far weaker squad than the previous season , a squad stripped of quality players with the owners made a massive cock up with one match to go, and the rest is history as they say and we move on , lets hope the next chapter brings dividends & we all want our new coach to be a success so fingers crossed the suits down at Oakwell get their act together, however I am afraid that as captains of our ship I wouldn"t trust them to captain a rowing boat .
    At some point the penny is going to drop that you and the rest of those that have the same negative opinions about the directors are constantly being proved wrong.

This message board was the last bastion of opinion that said Conway was still in charge about 9 months after Neerav had taken over the Chairperson’s job..

And just read on another thread someone claiming that no HC will want to come here.

Too many with short memories - who have totally forgotten about Conway and the state he left this club in.
    And we will only know a smidging of all that.
    Although Khaled let the cat out of the bag in relation to some of the things that were going on behind the scenes - but how much of the slip ups over this last few years can be laid at his CEOs door ???
    West Stand ?
    FA Cup ?
    Shirts ?
    And most importantly - Calamitous Collins ?

At some point the penny is going to drop that you and the rest of those that have the same negative opinions about the directors are constantly being proved wrong.

This message board was the last bastion of opinion that said Conway was still in charge about 9 months after Neerav had taken over the Chairperson’s job..

And just read on another thread someone claiming that no HC will want to come here.

Too many with short memories - who have totally forgotten about Conway and the state he left this club in.
    And we will only know a smidging of all that.
    Although Khaled let the cat out of the bag in relation to some of the things that were going on behind the scenes - but how much of the slip ups over this last few years can be laid at his CEOs door ???
    West Stand ?
    FA Cup ?
    Shirts ?
    And most importantly - Calamitous Collins ?
    Its you with the short term selective memory , I personally do not single out any individual , I criticise the owners , the custodians of our great club , the ones who collectively are responsible for running the club, so do not come on here trying to cherry pick individuals and site them for positive aspects to supplement your continuous agenda , collectively they are accountable for all things BFC and their list of errors proves with out a doubt that they have not been competent in their tasks , hopefully they will improve but for me the best thing would be for them to actively look for a buyer , sell up and move on , apart from the Crynes they have no connection to our club and town and I am still stumped as to a reason why they are here apart from one thing and that is as business people they are here to make money , as simple as that , if we are ever to progress then they have to go , meanwhile I will continue to support the manager and the players who ever they are and will be taking my seat again next season , its them I support not the owners .

Shads - that’s an out dated way of looking at life - that nobody does owt without being paid.

Shads - that’s an out dated way of looking at life - that nobody does owt without being paid.
    Very true , that also comes with professionalism , we have amateurs running the club in a professional industry .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Very true , that also comes with professionalism , we have amateurs running the club in a professional industry .
    Amateurs?!?!?
    FGS.

JAQ - wealthy business person. Fashion expert working with some of the biggest artists in the world.
    James Cryne - wealthy business person. Degrees in mathematics.
    Neerav - works in the family business that is one of the wealthiest families in India.

How could anyone describe these as amateurs ???
    It’s beyond ridiculous.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast