+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the folk that wanted to remain in the EU or rejoin.

To the folk that wanted to remain in the EU or rejoin.

Currently on first holiday abroad since the Covid debacle. Observations from the last week. Firstly I'm not in a place that would be bothered by our own British Lager louts so all the British folk we have met have been polite and courteous. As for the other 'celebrated' Euro folk. Well 5 years on from the last time here on the continent they still have no conception of queuing. Getting on a bus is still the survival of the fittest more akin to a brawl than a queue. Smoking in restaurants both outside and inside is something I would not want to go back to but it is widespread here. The Germans are still as loud and obnoxious as ever they were, with the French and Italians catching up fast. Although not driving here myself, having watched a lot of the antics on the road there appears very little courtesy for other drivers and some of the driving is ridiculously dangerous. The place is polluted with these electric scooter things flying around on the roads and pavements. Saw a couple of accidents. They seem to be able to go about 25 mph at least and don't get me started about the cyclists! For goodness sake I know we have our own problems here, but for ages I've been heart sick of the Euro nutters putting the UK down and bumming up the Eurozone to the nth degree. There is nothing I've seen in the last week to change my mind that getting out of the EU was the best thing we have done in the past many years and it disturbs me to think some political parties actively support rejoining and others hide their true agenda. Who want want to rejoin the corrupt cartel masquerading as the EU? Oh, the SNP do, therefore one of many many reasons for not voting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    Currently on first holiday abroad since the Covid debacle. Observations from the last week. Firstly I'm not in a place that would be bothered by our own British Lager louts so all the British folk we have met have been polite and courteous. As for the other 'celebrated' Euro folk. Well 5 years on from the last time here on the continent they still have no conception of queuing. Getting on a bus is still the survival of the fittest more akin to a brawl than a queue. Smoking in restaurants both outside and inside is something I would not want to go back to but it is widespread here. The Germans are still as loud and obnoxious as ever they were, with the French and Italians catching up fast. Although not driving here myself, having watched a lot of the antics on the road there appears very little courtesy for other drivers and some of the driving is ridiculously dangerous. The place is polluted with these electric scooter things flying around on the roads and pavements. Saw a couple of accidents. They seem to be able to go about 25 mph at least and don't get me started about the cyclists! For goodness sake I know we have our own problems here, but for ages I've been heart sick of the Euro nutters putting the UK down and bumming up the Eurozone to the nth degree. There is nothing I've seen in the last week to change my mind that getting out of the EU was the best thing we have done in the past many years and it disturbs me to think some political parties actively support rejoining and others hide their true agenda. Who want want to rejoin the corrupt cartel masquerading as the EU? Oh, the SNP do, therefore one of many many reasons for not voting for them.
    Are you sure you are not Islay? Only joking fella, enjoy your holiday. Where are you?

Malaga the most impressive place I've been to in a number of years.

Air travel and airports still annoying me to the core......rather than Europeans.

I don't go abroad in the summer now ( DFC in Europe would be exception ) and stick to Autumn and winter.

That's some amount of total ****e right there

Just back from the Spanish islands and totally agree re queuing, it’s an absolute free for all , being at the front of the bus queue doesn’t mean you’ll get on first , you still need to fight the Germans and Dutch to get on , just as well I have sharp elbows

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    That's some amount of total ****e right there
    In what way? Elaborate please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    Are you sure you are not Islay? Only joking fella, enjoy your holiday. Where are you?
    Italy. No I'm not Islay. I've had a few cross words with him in the past but actually agree with a lot he comes away with. Not everything though!

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    We have enough problems with ‘know it all’ White Settlers on Islay without importing trouble makers from Mainland Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Malaga the most impressive place I've been to in a number of years.

Air travel and airports still annoying me to the core......rather than Europeans.

I don't go abroad in the summer now ( DFC in Europe would be exception ) and stick to Autumn and winter.
    Having lived in Europe and been home for about 6 years I recently decided to move to Spain, not Benidorm with the bargain loving full English breakfast brits though.

The interference on civil liberties here in Scotland and the wider UK has been growing and growing, govt think and political correctness gone nuts are part of the reason.

There were both negatives and positives about Brexit but they've already been lost in the mist of incompetence, lies and theft from Scot Gov and UK Gov. When Rich Sunk was announcing the general election it was ironic that some labour supporters were blasting out things can only get better. Sadly that's not true.

And here was me thinking islay was an exporter of know it alls. You live and learn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)