+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who goes who stays?

I worked for an American drilling company and they forever talked themselves up as the best in the world etc etc. Then came the 'Deepwater Horizon' incident in the Gulf of Mexico. In reality it was all talk. Now they talk as if they have learned their lesson from that disaster, but in reality, they are just the same cowboys now as they were then. I'm guessing the 49ers are just the same. A bunch of imposter suits, without a clue, talking nonsense. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them, in their posh directors box, never uttered..."why don't they pick it up and run with it?".

Post match interview - self justifying excuses from Farke.

Go forward , get into good positions , pass it back , tippy tappy sideways - repeat.

If we sell Rutter we will make a massive FFP loss - much as at times he is a joy to watch he isn’t a 35m top league player.

No other championship side has the cash to buy him don’t think any prem team will want him as not consistent enough and first touch is too poor far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    If we sell Rutter we will make a massive FFP loss - much as at times he is a joy to watch he isn’t a 35m top league player.

No other championship side has the cash to buy him don’t think any prem team will want him as not consistent enough and first touch is too poor far too often.
    Dissapointing yesterday - but not unexpected - Martin has us sussed.
    Agree about Georginio, Not good enough for the prem and always on his arse for us, he isn't a 10 and his finishing is appaling.
    But not all doom and gloom in my opinion.
    Personally believe the 49ers did due dilligence - and though they wanted promotion i am certain that they have plans in place to mitigate the FFP problems - that doesn't involve selling all our players in the event we didn't make it in the first year - think they WILL expect us to get promoted NEXT season so will want to hold on to the core of the squad and add a few.
    I reckon Somerville, Gnonto, Roberts, Anthony and Rodon maybe Joffy and a couple of other fringe players may leave - but we will keep the core and if we recruit as well as we did last season we will be ok IMO
    Also, look on the bright side - I will bet anyone that we win more games next season than any of the promotoed three - who will ALL struggle in the prem - as would we had we sneaked up - and ours will be an easier league next season than this with the three that came down nowhere near as good as the three promoted clubs.

Have a break from footy now and look forward to next season for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Dissapointing yesterday - but not unexpected - Martin has us sussed.
    Agree about Georginio, Not good enough for the prem and always on his arse for us, he isn't a 10 and his finishing is appaling.
    But not all doom and gloom in my opinion.
    Personally believe the 49ers did due dilligence - and though they wanted promotion i am certain that they have plans in place to mitigate the FFP problems - that doesn't involve selling all our players in the event we didn't make it in the first year - think they WILL expect us to get promoted NEXT season so will want to hold on to the core of the squad and add a few.
    I reckon Somerville, Gnonto, Roberts, Anthony and Rodon maybe Joffy and a couple of other fringe players may leave - but we will keep the core and if we recruit as well as we did last season we will be ok IMO
    Also, look on the bright side - I will bet anyone that we win more games next season than any of the promotoed three - who will ALL struggle in the prem - as would we had we sneaked up - and ours will be an easier league next season than this with the three that came down nowhere near as good as the three promoted clubs.

Have a break from footy now and look forward to next season for me anyway.
    This is spot on. Rutter wont/can’t be sold. I think Gnonto has to go and Summerville will go. We need that profit on the pair of em. That will sort out FFP issues. Robert’s already gone.

We go again. Thoroughly disappointing but I believe Farke and 49ers will back each other for another season and I really don’t think Gray will go. He gets great family advice and he will I hope be with us at least one more season.

Hard to stomach now but agree with the more positive posts. I think Tichi is spot on and agree with MTs take.

Think the sale of Summerville, Gnonto and Meslier gets us a little room on FFP.

It’s really time to move on fromBamford and Piroe. We’ve not had a constant striker since Wood. Give Joseph a chance. So many teams in the championship seem to find better options than we have up front. Same in back with Meslier

Agree that the relegated teams are not as strong this year

After reading in the media and on here today it seems we won’t be able to field enough players for even a 5 a side kick about next season, after last seasons debacle I was glad to see all of those that left gone, Harrison apart, this time I don’t want to see gnonto, Summerville, James, rodon, gray, ampadu, depart as they are the core of the team, but according to most they’ve already gone……..very very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    After reading in the media and on here today it seems we won’t be able to field enough players for even a 5 a side kick about next season, after last seasons debacle I was glad to see all of those that left gone, Harrison apart, this time I don’t want to see gnonto, Summerville, James, rodon, gray, ampadu, depart as they are the core of the team, but according to most they’ve already gone……..very very sad.
    Think some of those will stay - would say Summerville, Roberts and maybe Rodon will be gone. The others not so sure as we may not get the money we need to let them go.

Think Rasmus and Aaronson will be back and we will have no takers. All the other loanees I think we will sell.

Wouldn’t be that unhappy if Meslier left for decent money.

Shackleton, Cooper, Joffy and Cresswell most likely will go too.

We are starting to look through rose tinted glasses already and with seriously short memories.
    With the exception of Gray, Joseph, Ampadu and rodon, and maybe gruev, the rest can all fo.
    As for Russell Martin having us sussed, wasn't it the job of our manager to unsuss things and maybe suss Martin out. Only for the lads Pukie and Benudedia or whatever, Farke would be a nobody.
    Top teams are being linked with the Leicester and Ipswich managers, don't hear of any top teams being linked with, supposedly the most experienced manager in the championship.

Ps. I am still fk off and will be for some time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)