+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Election

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    It’s a bonkers policy that hasn’t been thought through.

As someone who will end up voting for a party I don’t want however I cast my vote this election fills you with despair for our future.
    The policy was devised in the hopes that Labour will come up with something even more stupid.

I don't think I've ever felt in such despair over a General Election. Even worse is that if too many decide that it's all a waste of time it leaves the door open for some minority group to edge their way in. As a British nation we've lost moral fibre, other nationalities living here who are eligible to vote (yes they are british too) seem to have a clear collective belief.

Today I had a hospital appointment (well done for being there on a Bank Holiday) and I was seen to by a pleasant chap from that country west of India, who, when it came up in conversation that I was seeing my GP on Election Day could not understand why it wasn't a National holiday so that everyone would be encouraged to vote. I'd vote for him

It’s a bonkers policy that hasn’t been thought through.

As someone who will end up voting for a party I don’t want however I cast my vote this election fills you with despair for our future.
    How it is possible that so many people are voting for a party they don't feel inspired by? How can Westminster be so out of touch with the general public? In private sector businesses, there are entire departments dedicated to understanding what customers want and fine-tuning everything to make their lives more better, safer, or more convenient. Why, then, do political parties fail so badly to understand the people they hope to lead?

Self reflection amongst those who’ve consistently voted for the mess of the last 14 years is obviously as absent on this board as it is elsewhere.

‘They’re all the same’ is a stupid, tedious claim to make when comparing politicians who’ve been in power for years and those who haven’t.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Self reflection amongst those who’ve consistently voted for the mess of the last 14 years is obviously as absent on this board as it is elsewhere.

‘They’re all the same’ is a stupid, tedious claim to make when comparing politicians who’ve been in power for years and those who haven’t.
    I certainly don’t think they are all the same, I will vote because I believe in democracy but at the moment for many different reasons none of the parties currently has my support.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    This National Service plan is sheer lunacy from a government that has completely lost the plot. I can only think it's aimed at the gammons, but most of them have buggered off to Reform UK long ago. It will go down like a lead balloon among younger voters, where the Tories have very little support anyway. It will be a big boost to Labour without them having to lift a finger!
    I know from previous posts you will vote for anyone but the Tories but do you have a party you would actually support and continue to stand by your judgement for the next 5 - 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Can’t wait for the Utopia that awaits us soon, it’s going to be such a change from the last 14 years 🙂 🥂

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Can’t wait for the Utopia that awaits us soon, it’s going to be such a change from the last 14 years 🙂 🥂
    Do you think the tories will lose?

I know from previous posts you will vote for anyone but the Tories but do you have a party you would actually support and continue to stand by your judgement for the next 5 - 10 years?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Have you admired the last 14 years of government?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No.
    That’s exactly how I feel

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast