+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T three cranes pub in town closed down…

O/T three cranes pub in town closed down…

Went in on Saturday,not much beer on and selling it at cheap prices.i jokingly said to barmaid “are you closing down or summat”…”she said yes today.”..she said they are closing down for a month and then see what happens.i know a lot of fans go in there on match day so wether they are wating for match day traffic to return I don’t know.but bit of shame if it closes permanently.the same owners run the sports box at top of high street but that’s staying open for now.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Went in on Saturday,not much beer on and selling it at cheap prices.i jokingly said to barmaid “are you closing down or summat”…”she said yes today.”..she said they are closing down for a month and then see what happens.i know a lot of fans go in there on match day so wether they are wating for match day traffic to return I don’t know.but bit of shame if it closes permanently.the same owners run the sports box at top of high street but that’s staying open for now.
    The demographics of the area are changing, the customer base just isn't there to support a day on day pub business

A sorry sign of what a once great town centre has become.

There used to be more than 20 decent pubs in the town centre. The reason they're shutting is that beer is far too expensive and people are voting with their feet. A pint of liquid isn't worth four quid.This is why Wetherspoons is bucking the trend.
    Doing ok-ish (at the moment)...Cutlers, NY tavern, Angel, County, High Bar.
    Others clinging on....Plough, Mail Coach...??
    Not many

Oh and the Bridge. If it wasn't for RUFC they'd all be goosed

I'd sooner pay £4 a pint if it's the real McCoy not club beer were I live that's full of gas getting short measured. Wetherspoons only ever been in one couldn't call it beer there never been in since.

Pretty sad in all fairness when other town centres in close proximity are thriving. Doncaster, Barnsley and chesterfield to name three.

What makes Rotherham the complete opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Pretty sad in all fairness when other town centres in close proximity are thriving. Doncaster, Barnsley and chesterfield to name three.

What makes Rotherham the complete opposite?
    Investment simple as that .

Rotherham what percentage of the people living there will frequent bars we'll call them compared to the other 3 towns mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Investment simple as that .
    Forge Island will open soon. Maybe it will act as a catalyst.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast