+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T three cranes pub in town closed down…

Forge island will be a massive flop IMO. Not enough footfall into Rotherham these days. It will probably start off ok but once the novelty wears off it will nosedive and RMBC will be left with a very expensive mistake. Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Forge island will be a massive flop IMO. Not enough footfall into Rotherham these days. It will probably start off ok but once the novelty wears off it will nosedive and RMBC will be left with a very expensive mistake. Watch this space
    RMBC left with a very expensive mistake, they are good at that.£33million on a market that nobody uses.

So sad to hear about the Three Cranes. I loved it in there and the building is incredible. Last time I was in I went upstairs to take some photos of the beams and met a ghost hunter ….what an interesting bloke he was.
    We need more pubs like this, but I don’t suppose they can survive on my few gallons a year patronage.
    I hope it reopens one day.

Corporation street is finally being demolished, the work has started on the market.
    It is a very dragged out process.

Why stop at corporation street , carry on with Ferham , masbrough and Eastwood, ****holes .

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post

Spot on, should have built something like what’s been created in Barnsley town centre, really brought the footfall back again and drove life into the town centre. Shops, leisure, eateries and bars all incorporated into one whereas the relics at rmbc are pinning there hopes on 4 restaurants, a cinema, a travelodge and…….a park.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Pretty sad in all fairness when other town centres in close proximity are thriving. Doncaster, Barnsley and chesterfield to name three.

What makes Rotherham the complete opposite?
    Chesterfield is not thriving. It is an utter ****ehole with zero pubs. I live not far away and have been a couple of times recently

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestCorner View Post
    Chesterfield is not thriving. It is an utter ****ehole with zero pubs. I live not far away and have been a couple of times recently
    Compared to Rotherham it is, zero pubs? You sure. There’s a lot more there than in Rotherham town centre, but that isn’t hard as mexborough has more bars than town.

I suppose more people are happier to walk to their local village pub or micro brewery / tap bar.
    Look at how busy Wickersley is compared to town.

The mass influx of foreign nationals has killed the town and especially the town centre.
    No one wants to go there any more and you can see why.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast