+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mladen Sormaz positive on player retention to build squad.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That did worry me a tiny bit as well Poggs.

Probably just a hot weather "brain fart" by Mladen and he mis-spoke.
    Who do you think you are kidding Mr Sormaz?

Strong defence my tush.

Gi Orr wit bull**** and get on with your job in looking for a new keeper, 2 centre halves or 3 if Pines is injured, 2 wing backs, 1 central midfielder and 2 strikers.

Anything less and we’re in trouble again.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Who do you think you are kidding Mr Sormaz?

Strong defence my tush.

Gi Orr wit bull**** and get on with your job in looking for a new keeper, 2 centre halves or 3 if Pines is injured, 2 wing backs, 1 central midfielder and 2 strikers.

Anything less and we’re in trouble again.
    Barnsley FC conceded 64 goals last season, the most in the top thirt een in the Third Division.

Mladen is a data man so perhaps it was a hot weather brain fart.

(Why is "t een" as in 13, a blocked word ? )
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-06-2024 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    He is playing it very clever is Mladen.

Whilst previous policy was to "get our business done early" in the transfer window our Sporting Director is cunningly waiting to see how the window develops before swooping. Flatman says "exciting players" are on the way. We will need to be patient as there is a good eight weeks left. Play it long, play it savvy.

Rotherham Utd have swooped on Liam Kelly, Joe Powell, Jonson Clarke Harris, Jack Rafferty, Sean Raggett, Reece James and Shaun McWilliams. All a bit rushed in a panic whereas Mladen is cooly and wisely assessing matters smoking a long cigar.
    Where have you seen the Flatman comments SB ?
    I’ve not seen any.

It’s all in this thread Nudge.

In an interview with the Yorkshire Post BFC Sporting Director Mladen Sormaz has confirmed the club's policy of keeping the best players and building a squad.

This summer has seen the departures of Kane, Cole, Cadden, Williams and Cundy ( all end of contracts) and return to parent clubs of loanees McAtee, Roberts, Grant and McCart.

But Sormaz is determined to build the squad by retaining the likes of Connell, Phillips and Jalo confirming this with a string of positive comments in his interview--

"We don't want to sell anyone"

"We have no plans to sell"

"......someone has to come in with silly money for any of our best players to leave"

This strong retention policy and CEO Flatman's words that we are to bring in "exciting players" this summer sends out strong positive vibes for this summer's transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    It’s all in this thread Nudge.

In an interview with the Yorkshire Post BFC Sporting Director Mladen Sormaz has confirmed the club's policy of keeping the best players and building a squad.

This summer has seen the departures of Kane, Cole, Cadden, Williams and Cundy ( all end of contracts) and return to parent clubs of loanees McAtee, Roberts, Grant and McCart.

But Sormaz is determined to build the squad by retaining the likes of Connell, Phillips and Jalo confirming this with a string of positive comments in his interview--

"We don't want to sell anyone"

"We have no plans to sell"

"......someone has to come in with silly money for any of our best players to leave"

This strong retention policy and CEO Flatman's words that we are to bring in "exciting players" this summer sends out strong positive vibes for this summer's transfer window.
    Can someone post where Flatman has said this please.
    It’s important.
    Other than on here I cannot find anything on social media that is reporting this.

Check Yorkshire Post.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Can someone post where Flatman has said this please.
    It’s important.
    Other than on here I cannot find anything on social media that is reporting this.
    Try the Official Website 23rd May 2024 News "Darrel Clarke Appointed as Head Coach",

Go down to the final paragraph quoting Jon Flatman--

"Work is already underway to recruit some exciting players for next year"

I know you will be grateful for my reply Nudge as it was important to you and I am well aware you didn't think for one minute I was making the quote up
    Last edited by SBRed48; 04-06-2024 at 06:26 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123