+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Week...

Where there's a will there's a way Cumbrians if you look at the bigger picture, originally I picked the venue closest to Nottingham to see the fabulous BNL's (new album out now btw) only for me to fail to notice that the rearranged gig was in March and not February,unable to attend the gig on the 21st because I had made plans for next week and needed to be in Hampshire by midday Monday onwards I was amazed to see the band performing in Portsmouth next Sunday!! A quick look online and bagged myself a ticket for the bargain price of £33 (eat **** Genesis and War of the world's) and still there's some on here who doubt the existence of God!! 😎

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Where there's a will there's a way Cumbrians if you look at the bigger picture, originally I picked the venue closest to Nottingham to see the fabulous BNL's (new album out now btw) only for me to fail to notice that the rearranged gig was in March and not February,unable to attend the gig on the 21st because I had made plans for next week and needed to be in Hampshire by midday Monday onwards I was amazed to see the band performing in Portsmouth next Sunday!! A quick look online and bagged myself a ticket for the bargain price of £33 (eat **** Genesis and War of the world's) and still there's some on here who doubt the existence of God!! 😎
    Well done Chalky.

Having said that ....what kind of map were you using when you decided that Cambridge is closer to Nottingham than Birmingham, Leeds or Manchester?

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Well done Chalky.

Having said that ....what kind of map were you using when you decided that Cambridge is closer to Nottingham than Birmingham, Leeds or Manchester?
    There's not much in it really and out of Birmingham,Leeds, Manchester or Cambridge where would you prefer to spend a few days visiting? When I was looking at the venue's Cambridge was the closest that appealed to me as I usually make a mini break of it but I take your point

There's not much in it really and out of Birmingham,Leeds, Manchester or Cambridge where would you prefer to spend a few days visiting? When I was looking at the venue's Cambridge was the closest that appealed to me as I usually make a mini break of it but I take your point
    Cambridge every time!

Probably an easier drive as well.

I can imagine you punting up and down the River Cam with the cockatoo on your shoulder shouting "pieces of eight".

I can imagine you punting up and down the River Cam with the cockatoo on your shoulder shouting "pieces of eight".[/QUOTE]

Quality 🤣… Rochdale is nice this time of the year & handy for Manchester 😎

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post

I can imagine you punting up and down the River Cam with the cockatoo on your shoulder shouting "pieces of eight".
    Strangely Born On A Pirate Ship is one of my favourite BNL's albums 👍

F@ck...

F@ck...

F@ck...

I've just checked my ticket details and it's bloody March 21st that the gig is on not February 21st,on the bleeding verge of booking the hotel as well 😡
    Grrrrr…. I’ve gone and done it agsin,made all my arrangements for hotel and parrot care for this weekend for a Deacon Blue concert in Scarborough only to be told by bdb that the gig is next week

Try June 😇

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Try June 😇
    The post quoted was for a BNL gig two years ago and was in March

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)