Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
Funnily enough I preordered that book on Amazon for my daughter before it was released, and finally got notification a few days ago that it’s been shipped. It was to be part of my daughter’s birthday gift. She’s a big fan of him as well.

Several years ago (Nov 2022) her and I made a pilgrimage to Nick’s grave. Before our trip to the uk I asked her if there was anything particular she wanted to see or do while we were visiting and her only request was to visit Nick’s grave. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. Witnessing the atmosphere of the surrounding area gave a really tangible connection to Nick’s music that brought it all together - as if it all suddenly ‘made sense’.

Captured a really nice photo of her overlooking the field to which his grave faces:

I read somewhere that one of our players in the 1970s - David McVay - was a big fan, which would pre-date Drake getting any notable recognition much beyond Nick Kent's 1975 tribute in the NME.

Morton-Jacks's book is without doubt the definitive biography. I've read Patrick Humphries 1990s volume but this new one is on another level with no stone left unturned. In an interview to promote the book, he mentioned that he'd managed to get the phone number of somebody with whom Nick had travelled to Morocco in the 1960s who had no idea that Drake had become a famous musician and didn't know who Morton-Jack was talking about initially. I found the 1972-74 section very disturbing though because I could relate to a lot of it, it took me about a week to get over it after I'd finished it.