+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruitment task

Recruitment task

I just thought I would try and work out the numbers of players the club need to recruit to have a competitive squad in term of quality and numbers so here we go

As it stands it is 13 out and 0 in (long does not count as he was already in the squad and the 2 first year scholars will not be anywhere near the first team this season, I think most people would agree that we were at least 3 players short last season, Bell has said he thought the first team was short last season and we needed to improve that this season so I make that we need 16 players 11 perms and 5 loans

With Crewe’s small budget I think this is nigh on impossible I know it’s crudely worked out but I don’t think it’s that far short of the mark what do people think ?

Absolutely stunned that Bell has said we have enough money for 4 perms that is even after we have lost 2 so how can we strengthen the club in terms of quality and numbers when each year far more leave that we recruit I know the academy adds a couple a season but these take 2 or 3 years to get up to speed. I think Bell has been guilty of telling porkies when he said we need to recruit and find a way to increase squad numbers when he clearly knew that this was not possible more bull**** why the season ticket sales are on going I suspect, the facts are we need 16 players bringing in 4 perms plus 5 loans does not cut it Charles and the board need to find a lot more money if they can’t find somebody who can.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Absolutely stunned that Bell has said we have enough money for 4 perms that is even after we have lost 2 so how can we strengthen the club in terms of quality and numbers when each year far more leave that we recruit I know the academy adds a couple a season but these take 2 or 3 years to get up to speed. I think Bell has been guilty of telling porkies when he said we need to recruit and find a way to increase squad numbers when he clearly knew that this was not possible more bull**** why the season ticket sales are on going I suspect, the facts are we need 16 players bringing in 4 perms plus 5 loans does not cut it Charles and the board need to find a lot more money if they can’t find somebody who can.
    Well, we have saved the wages of two of the top earners and the loans must have cost quite a bit and so in theory that means we could have the wages for 4 more permanent players..I suspect we will be looking at many loanees again which will cost us...The Chairman said we are losing money in L2 and so where do they get the money from to sustain that, only in loans from the Bank?

It would be good to know what our players are paid and how that compares with other clubs our size? I'm not sure we will ever know though.

Its also possible the wages have been reduced and why 2 players have left already?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 31-05-2024 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I just thought I would try and work out the numbers of players the club need to recruit to have a competitive squad in term of quality and numbers so here we go

As it stands it is 13 out and 0 in (long does not count as he was already in the squad and the 2 first year scholars will not be anywhere near the first team this season, I think most people would agree that we were at least 3 players short last season, Bell has said he thought the first team was short last season and we needed to improve that this season so I make that we need 16 players 11 perms and 5 loans

With Crewe’s small budget I think this is nigh on impossible I know it’s crudely worked out but I don’t think it’s that far short of the mark what do people think ?
    You're thinking 5 released, 2 signed elsewhere and 6 loanees (2 of them keepers) gone to make the 13 I take it? But of those released Colkett and Sass-Davies weren't here anyway, and the 2 youngsters have had development loans, only Kirk was in the 1st team squad at end of season. A lot still depends on what CBR and Rio do of course, but like you since Nevitt and Offord rejected the improved deals we offered I'd have thought that would pay for 3 signings at least, while the Colkett/Kirk money maybe allows 2 more. I think LB's figures for short will be after the loans went out who he didn't want to use, so discounting 1 of the loan Keepers, and 4 of the 5 released, I'd say his target would be met by 6 permanent and 5 loans, if we keep the 2. More possible you'd hope though more than he's predicted ...

Very quiet on the thread

Looking at the activity, it appears the pre-end of season business went ahead. As folk stated been planned well before end few games.
    The pre-season is relatively interesting, depends who Blackpool and Stoke bring and play on the day. Unsure who will be using the facilities to keep fit in the Summer, we usually have a few in, also trialists...let's see what the next few weeks bring!

QUOTE=ShropshireAlex;40512094]You're thinking 5 released, 2 signed elsewhere and 6 loanees (2 of them keepers) gone to make the 13 I take it? But of those released Colkett and Sass-Davies weren't here anyway, and the 2 youngsters have had development loans, only Kirk was in the 1st team squad at end of season. A lot still depends on what CBR and Rio do of course, but like you since Nevitt and Offord rejected the improved deals we offered I'd have thought that would pay for 3 signings at least, while the Colkett/Kirk money maybe allows 2 more. I think LB's figures for short will be after the loans went out who he didn't want to use, so discounting 1 of the loan Keepers, and 4 of the 5 released, I'd say his target would be met by 6 permanent and 5 loans, if we keep the 2. More possible you'd hope though more than he's predicted ...[/QUOTE]

Have been away so have lost track......is it next week when we should start seeing activity in the transfer market, according to LB?
    Bit worrying that he is giving the 'we won't be hurried into buying just anyone' speech so early on when we haven't had ANY incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Have been away so have lost track......is it next week when we should start seeing activity in the transfer market, according to LB?
    Bit worrying that he is giving the 'we won't be hurried into buying just anyone' speech so early on when we haven't had ANY incoming.
    You can look at it 2 ways. Worrying, or reassuring.

Luke young to replace Offord?

ALL VERY QUIET! Is all the club on holiday? Perhaps it was NEXT week Lee Bell was referring to in terms of seeing some incoming.....🥱

Kane Hemmings, 32, ex of Tranmere, Notts County and more recently of League 1 Stevenage, striker signs.
    Not sure what I think - he's knocking on a bit. However, 7 goals last season in League 1. Was he a priority signing or a back-up? I know of him but not much about him. Any info?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast