+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Willie Carlin.

Willie Carlin.

In my days in the 60s of buying the Shoot football magazine, it had posters, i had one on my bedroom wall of Carlin, even back then i had an eye for a good footballer.

5ft 4in, a pocket battleship with skill, hes here theere everywhere, a key player in Cloughs Derby teeam.

So what? You wont get the like today, they are all giants, built like terminators, but lacking that intricate skill. Every game is like a computer printout, the same over and over.

Generations of gifted footballers, even those bigger than Carlin, will never get a game, a tragedy on a monumental scale, there are legions of world class footballers who are just not tall enough.

And are working as check out operators in teesco.

RIP Willie.

Deutschzland uber Alles.....Germany over all, their national anthem, it shouldnt be allowed as they sowed genocide and murder for its own sake in europe.

It is a case of being loyal though as im 29 per cent jerry. Germania 12 Scots 0. And thats being objective, and logical. As for the scots, what are they good for,? being the b itch of the english, boozing and swinging on cross bars, and shooting up.

93 appearances for Carlisle and 21 goals over 3 seasons. One of my heroes. RIP Willie.

In the 60s you could walk into ant pro or semi pro club and see a jaw dropping player. I remember a 40 something player, fat, playing for Gravesend v City in the 60s, with the vision and ball control of a top player.

He was probably drunk as well. Where have they gone?, players that can play. The Bellinghams of this world were common once.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)