+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euros

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Brilliant start, sweatiest demolished
    Git.

😭😭😭

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Git.

😭😭😭
    Mrs F currently exercising revenge by blasting out her entire (thankfully short) repertoire on her bagpipe chanter in our kitchen! Still proud in defeat , thank God it’s not the full set of pipes this am…

The krauts look like they're hitting form... too soon

It's hard to judge how well the Hun played given the pathetic nature of the opposition, but you can only beat what's in front of you. This was one of only two occasions our household is united in supporting Germany - the other being any European game pitting a German club side vs Manchester United.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It's hard to judge how well the Hun played given the pathetic nature of the opposition, but you can only beat what's in front of you. This was one of only two occasions our household is united in supporting Germany - the other being any European game pitting a German club side vs Manchester United.
    An occasion when I really regret that it's not possible for both teams to lose.

Happy with last night's result. Good 1st half, 2nd half not so. Bellingham is an outstanding player.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    1. Happy with last night's result.

2. Good 1st half,

3. 2nd half not so.

4. Bellingham is an outstanding player.
    1. me too
    2. agreed
    3. has me worried. Again, the opposition changes tactics and GS is slow to counter. Shades of the Euros final against Italy...
    4. Indeed he is

Yes, was good to win, would've preferred us to have hammered home an extra couple of goals whilst on top, but it's always tough in these games.
    Negatives:
    Alexander Arnold looked poor, all of his attempted clever passes were miss hit.
    Despite what the commentators said, I didn't once see Saka beat his man, he just out paced him a couple of times. He was firmly in that defenders pocket.
    Foden, one of the best players in the world, was running around finding space and demanding the ball constantly in the 1st 25 minutes, he was often ignored by teammates not on the same wavelength, and waving his hands around when the ball got played elsewhere. His head went down after that, and just played simple 1-2s without really looking a threat. Southgate needs to tell people to give him the ball at every opportunity, he's dangerous.
    Trippier didn't seem to offer much, I don't recall him putting a single cross in. If he's there for his set pieces, he needs to own that and not have the youngsters claiming the ball.
    Positives:
    Important win, those games aren't easy.
    Bellingham was awesome.
    Pickford shows why he's no. 1.

Overall, very happy, feel like it just needs to click a little more which'll hopefully come together over the next couple of games.

Trippier only uses his left peg to stand on. Played on the left, when he wanders up top he will always recycle the ball, backwards or sideways, rather than put a cross in despite it being no harder to stop, check and put a decent cross in with his right...

He had a lot of opportunities to put an in-swinging cross over yesterday but chose not to. Poor choices.

A word for Harry Kane who sacrificed his normal game for the good of the team. Only got one chance and was thwarted by an excellent save by the keeper. I lost count of the number of times he was fouled in that 2nd half but I do know he was fouled far more often than the number that got given. He also conned the ref 100% on one foul he got.

I thought Kane had a good game, he occupied the centre backs nicely, gives our other attacking options more space, but they need to receive the ball in the final 3rd to capitalise.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)