+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REVIEW: My thoughts on the Nest.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Hi Slack, not completely full, the tables were, but lots of room for standing still.
    I would have thought an offer for season ticket holders (or Lifeline members) would have been good to give Notts supporters a taste for next season, something like a reduction in entry ticket prices, I don’t know when the photos / video was taken but it doesn’t look that full. I also had an email from Notts today about the Serbia game, a missed initiative by the club to give a taster and give the impression that Notts supporters are being rewarded but at tbe same time filling tbe new venue.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 15-06-2024 at 05:49 PM.

Hi Slack, not completely full, the tables were, but lots of room for standing still.
    Good to get some first-hand feedback, but I don't think it was ever going to be completely full due to being a limited capacity trial:

With finishing touches being applied, we’re now in a position to offer a limited number of people the opportunity to be the very first to experience the exciting new venue when Germany face Scotland in Friday’s curtain-raiser.

The England games will give a better answer.

Apparently the club are sending out a survey for those who attended but if they don't, I'll send my views plus some points for how to improve the experience and their profits.
    MM How much was an actual pint in there? What sort of food did they have on? Think of going for one of the England games.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    MM How much was an actual pint in there? What sort of food did they have on? Think of going for one of the England games.
    The drink line up and prices are on the OS here

Food for England vs, Serbia is from Shio (Asian small plates), Falafel Baffle (presumably Falafel but don't quote me! ) and Banquet 1415 (Argentinian Barbecue).

(From the club email earlier today)

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This is where I'm caught between a rock and a hard place! I hate being ripped off by high prices, but I can compromise if the profit goes to a worthy cause like Notts. I only occasionally drink pre-match because I usually drive, but when I do drink it's usually at the TBI. There I can get two pints for less than the price of one at the Navi or MLSB. I think The Nest is a great initiative and will give it a go, but if I have to pay to get in before a Notts game and then pay high prices for a drink I don't think I'll be a regular.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

Food for England vs, Serbia is from Shio (Asian small plates), Falafel Baffle (presumably Falafel but don't quote me! ) and Banquet 1415 (Argentinian Barbecue).

(From the club email earlier today)
    Thanks Swale. So basically on par with quite a few places in Notts. As Elite says it softens the blow with the money going back into the club. They do need to get it right though as Notts has so many options especially for visiting away fans and with people often googling for reviews before travelling so its critical to get off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Entry price for a pint was £5.50, the premium brands from £6.00. soft drinks £3.50 a pint.

There are 3 slots for street food carts. For 1st England game it's, a falafel stall, Asian cuisine and Argentinian BBQ food.

Food was on the pricey side with cheapest options last night being £7.00 for loaded chips but most dishes around a £10.

Entry price for a pint was £5.50, the premium brands from £6.00. soft drinks £3.50 a pint.

There are 3 slots for street food carts. For 1st England game it's, a falafel stall, Asian cuisine and Argentinian BBQ food.
    Thanks MM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12