+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: England game

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    England was lucky, and won't get away with playing walking football
    Not sure how you can say lucky? The opposition had one shot that was saved. So was it luck or 94 minutes of application.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    England was lucky, and won't get away with playing walking football
    It may have been uninspiring but it certainly wasn’t lucky.
    They had 1 shot on target from outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Had they been better up front, it would have been a mauling. Let's be honest, that second half we were pinned in our own half and our only outlet was to hoof to Kane who got dominated by a proper centre back so we immediately lost possession

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Better teams will unpick us and create chances. They didn't have what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Had they been better up front, it would have been a mauling. Let's be honest, that second half we were pinned in our own half and our only outlet was to hoof to Kane who got dominated by a proper centre back so we immediately lost possession
    That’s it CBP, only mention 45 minutes of football. What about the first half when THEY were pinned back? What about if we had played better, would it have been a mauling?
    England got a win that IMO we were good value for. Were we great? No. We have 3 points on the board, you don’t get anything extra from playing better. I found it frustrating that England players were cynically fouled throughout, which stopped momentum.
    Anyway, on to Denmark, 3 points and we are through - regardless of how we play.

England weren't great nor lucky. A deserved win overall. Don't know what Foden's problem is but his undoubted skill needs to be seen. I expect a similar performance and result on Thursday.

That was fcuking dire. 3pts yes but dear me. 1st half pinned em in?? Thought i was watching the chuckle bros after3 min from me to you,you to me. We were lethargic, had no tempo lacked ideas. The one time we did something different we score. Does that inspire them after? No, back to the chuckle game. Worst game of the tournament so far. Better teams will rip us to shreds

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post

We've beaten (IMO) the second best team in this group and we're basically through after 1 game - mission accomplished.
    I'd be amazed if ANY of the nations that have won their opening game so far aren't in the last 16, such is the format of the Euros nowadays. You need draws in the opening games to keep things tight and interesting going into games 2 and 3 and so far we've only had 1.

Maybe Southgate could try using players in their correct position, there were three right-backs in that team, 'Trent', Trippier and Walker, the only one actually playing at right back. If the likes of 'Trent' are not the best in their position then they shouldn't be playing.

As for the safety-first approach of defending your own penalty area for the entire second half, we all know that approach isn't safe at all as it just invites the other team to attack. That they couldn't score is down to the fact they are FIFA ranked at 33rd in the world, Denmark come in at 21st so we have not played the best team in the group yet.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Better teams will unpick us and create chances. They didn't have what it takes.
    But they didn’t create chances because defensively we were too good for them. So we wasn’t lucky, we were just better.
    We had more shots on target, more possession and most importantly more goals.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast