+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours 2024/25

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Given his song is 'Super Jack Walton' in goal....I didn't think 'super JW' was too difficult tbh. Apologies. 😂
    That's probably fine for folk who go to the games, but I've never heard that song and have no knowledge of it. Anyway, it was more of a general comment - I see loads of posts on here just using initials, even in cases where there is more than one player in our squad that it could refer to. When you weigh up how much time is saved by not typing out the full name (roughly 1 or 2 seconds) versus the time it takes someone like me to work out who you're talking about, it doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    That's probably fine for folk who go to the games, but I've never heard that song and have no knowledge of it. Anyway, it was more of a general comment - I see loads of posts on here just using initials, even in cases where there is more than one player in our squad that it could refer to. When you weigh up how much time is saved by not typing out the full name (roughly 1 or 2 seconds) versus the time it takes someone like me to work out who you're talking about, it doesn't make any sense.
    I've not heard the song but got it straight away. Good job he didn't refer to him as John boy or you'd have been at it all day 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I've not heard the song but got it straight away. Good job he didn't refer to him as John boy or you'd have been at it all day 🤣🤣
    Yeah, once I figured it out I was like "Duh, of course!" but sometimes it's just a case of being on the right wavelength, or not in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Yeah, once I figured it out I was like "Duh, of course!" but sometimes it's just a case of being on the right wavelength, or not in this case.
    Is Walton really that good when he was put under pressure flapped a bit not sure if he's best we could get

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    Is Walton really that good when he was put under pressure flapped a bit not sure if he's best we could get
    I'm of similar thinking, not that fussed if he comes back or not to be honest. As long as we have decent keepers this season....

Mathew cudjoe declined new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    I'm of similar thinking, not that fussed if he comes back or not to be honest. As long as we have decent keepers this season....
    Showed his credentials against Airdrie in the penultimate game of the season when he was the only player to turn up for that game. He's very welcome back for me,the defence trusts him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Mathew cudjoe declined new contract.
    Club helped him start his pro career in Europe, played waiting game on his work permit etc.
    Hopefully a decent fee probably from a tribunal as wouldn't imagine he'd be rated as highly as he and his agent obviously think.
    Hope Walton signs as he's a good, reliable keeper overall imo. Don't want another punt on another potential poppadom wrists.

No disrespect to him at all but there are hundreds of JW's out there. Burton Albion's 3rd choice keeper is probably very good, just cannae get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    No disrespect to him at all but there are hundreds of JW's out there. Burton Albion's 3rd choice keeper is probably very good, just cannae get a game.
    Gambling on keepers has gone well for us in the past though right?

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)