+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farage

Farage

Whether you like him or not there’s a lot of good points in his manifesto and clearly he’s listening to the people! No woke - saying the way it is and even appealing to the young people and small businesses. Tackling illegal immigration - crime - the hated inheritance tax - stamp duty and doing away with interest on student loans!

Whether people like to hear it or not - his band wagon will get bigger and bigger. Whilst I have no time for Trump - some need to write on a chalk board why he could be the next president and come to the conclusion - why?

In life you want action and liking or disliking a person does not really come into it! I had a boss who I hated but he was unbelievable at his job! Boris and Blair were likeable but useless!

Saying what people want to hear is easy. Delivering a fraction of it requires intelligence, application, dedication and bloody hard work. All characteristics totally alien to the chancer Farage. He’s enjoying his time in the limelight safe in the knowledge he can say what he likes with zero chance of being accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by B74 View Post
    Saying what people want to hear is easy. Delivering a fraction of it requires intelligence, application, dedication and bloody hard work. All characteristics totally alien to the chancer Farage. He’s enjoying his time in the limelight safe in the knowledge he can say what he likes with zero chance of being accountable.
    Not saying your wrong but it’s also easy putting two fingers up to things which are easily resolved ie immigration ( Australia ) - student loans ( Scotland it’s free ) - inheritance tax ( if your rich your rich ) the NHS ( immaterial if you can afford to go private ) etc etc.

Bit like doing the lottery - people know they are not going to win but will also vote for someone who gives them hope!

Personally I won’t vote - the Tories are a disgrace and for the rich and Labour under Starmer will get worse!

A school kid could work out - stem the flow of illegal immigration and use the savings to fund public services. Want more talented doctors than free university places as they were in Sunak’s and Starmers youth! Five years of medicine training will currently rack up a debt of over 100 grand a year!!!

PS - just put a tenner on tomorrows lottery as there’s hope!

All at the expense of the environment by scrapping net zero targets.

There’s only one word for Farage, his band of merry idiots and anyone stupid enough to vote for them - C*ckwombles

Anyone hear of the global conspiracy to open border and let immigrants flood in? It’s happening in Europe (us included) and in the states. Why? It’s unusually don’t you think?
    I know already who’s going to pop out of the woodwork to tell me it’s a conspiracy 😄

Anyway, why is it happening and what’s the goal trying to achieve? For some time now I thought it’s a little odd.

Anyway, how are you judging immigration where you live? Eastern europeans, asians blacks.. or are these just settled brits? Or actually refugees/migrants? I’m interested to know.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    All at the expense of the environment by scrapping net zero targets.

There’s only one word for Farage, his band of merry idiots and anyone stupid enough to vote for them - C*ckwombles

You could be right but that’s what many are saying about Sunak and Starmer! Maybe half of the USA are C ockwombles in your words with voting for Trump!

This country is in a bigger mess than it’s ever been in and truly a horrible place. Crime and illegal immigration is completely out of control! Should we blame our Nigel for that?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You could be right but that’s what many are saying about Sunak and Starmer! Maybe half of the USA are C ockwombles in your words with voting for Trump!

This country is in a bigger mess than it’s ever been in and truly a horrible place. Crime and illegal immigration is completely out of control! Should we blame our Nigel for that?
    Al don't fall for the daily mail rhetoric that the country is falling off a cliff because of illegal migrants. Crime is not out of control. In October it was reported it was falling to the lowest level on record.

Reality is, some people will always sneak into our country. It's going to happen so we need to get over it. It's not a subject that should dictate the political agenda and it's quite ridiculous frankly that we should even be discussing whether it is more important than prioritising that or Earth's stability.

Trump and Farage are cut from the same cloth and not fit for leadership.

It's worth noting there is a difference between levels of crime and levels of reported crime. A lot of people don't contact the police for a variety of reasons.

Harassment for the reporting of a crime and apathy because people either don't trust the police or don't think they'll turn up for anything less than an emergency.

Those are off the top of my head before getting onto distrust of the police for their historical indifference to members of the public or cultural issues.

By the way I hate political threads and I probably haven't even opened this one. My mobile phone has a mind of it's own. PS, Farage is a knob but really shouldn't be pelted with milk shakes or building materials.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Whether you like him or not there’s a lot of good points in his manifesto and clearly he’s listening to the people! No woke - saying the way it is and even appealing to the young people and small businesses. Tackling illegal immigration - crime - the hated inheritance tax - stamp duty and doing away with interest on student loans!

Whether people like to hear it or not - his band wagon will get bigger and bigger. Whilst I have no time for Trump - some need to write on a chalk board why he could be the next president and come to the conclusion - why?

In life you want action and liking or disliking a person does not really come into it! I had a boss who I hated but he was unbelievable at his job! Boris and Blair were likeable but useless!
    He’s the only public speaker among all of them. He’s the only one who says what he sees. On immigration it’s always been about the numbers not racism and he only wants contributors to the economy coming here. He’s ok with immigration as long as it’s managed and not just a free for all. Public opinion will always be divided on him because there are so many in this country now with a “let’s just be nice and fluffy and please everyone” attitude. One of the reasons the country has lost the plot. They make a new plot every day depending on which way the wind blows.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    He’s the only public speaker among all of them. He’s the only one who says what he sees. On immigration it’s always been about the numbers not racism and he only wants contributors to the economy coming here. He’s ok with immigration as long as it’s managed and not just a free for all. Public opinion will always be divided on him because there are so many in this country now with a “let’s just be nice and fluffy and please everyone” attitude. One of the reasons the country has lost the plot. They make a new plot every day depending on which way the wind blows.

Best post on the thread! I won’t vote as never do but all I will say - I can honestly see why his band wagon will get bigger!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)