+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exciting players …….

Exciting players …….

Still waiting ……….

Are you referring to the Euros ? if so there are one or two that of caught the eye but if this is the cream of Europe"s elite players then no one has had me on the edge of the seat yet .

I would guess that Jules is referring to the words of Jon Flatman, Barnsley CEO. on 23rd May on the BFC Official Website that---

"Work is already underway to recruit some exciting players for next year."

Grove Street Arena mantra used to be, "We like to get our work done early" but it is possible that financial constraints now mean we need to wait to see what income may be forthcoming from the likes of Styles and Phillips before we bring players in. No players will be bought unless we can show they are fully funded.

Rest assured Mladen will be working 24/7 to get deals over the line. Players who are presently non league and working full time as shop fitters or electricians may have to work a full months notice before they can be announced

I understand what you are saying but on the subject of exciting players to be honest in my 60 plus years of watching the super reds I cannot recall that many really exciting players ,in my early days Bob Earnshaw and later George Hampstead used to excite me , further down the line Micky Butler always raised the tempo , then of course the " King " Sir Ronnie Glavin and David Hirst , into the nineties and Martin Bullock was an exciting watch , followed by Craig Hignett & in recent times Paddy McCourt but obviously I will have overlooked one or two but in 63 years my collection of players that excited me is actually very few , so based on that the chances of any exciting players landing at Grove st is very unlikely . Personally I just hope that any signings we make actually improve our squad & if we do that then I will be happy but exciting signings are very rare and I would be amazed if we made any .

Frimpong for 30 mins at Hillsborough.

Mido for a sub appearance against Huddersfield.

Exciting times !

Hammill....!
    I would suggest that the statement was made to increase season ticket sales?
    As usual new players will be brought in last minute, picking up players who have not had better offers elsewhere! Some won't be available as they joined after pre-season started.
    However be assured they were always our 1st choices!

We’ve been out muscled again by Charlton in our reported pursuit of a lad from Scotland (Edwards)

Shows which puddle we’re fishing in.

We have lost quite a few players over the summer - including 6 first team players.
    The club will have identified a list of players for each position to be filled.
    Some of those players will have already agreed terms.
    Exciting players dosent just mean strikers.

I’m excluding Hourihane in this as I’m not expecting him to play many full games - or indeed play all the games.

The new players will be on their way.
    But how many solid type rumours have we heard ???
    I’ve never known a summer when the club has been able to keep things so quiet.

I have every faith that the club will deliver these players. As Nudge sez, some may have already agreed terms. We just await their unveiling. Of course with the euros being on, its a distraction and some signings will be kept under wraps for the time being, or as SB sez, they'll likely be working their months notice at Morrissons

As Nudge says---

-We have the best set of Directors/ Board the club has ever had --Parekh, Quay and the Crynes

-We have the best at Executive/ Senior Officer level the club has ever had--Flatman, Sormaz, Hough and Zak

-We have potentially the best Head Coach the club has ever had--Darrell Clarke.

It is now merely a case of "Start the Tuk Tuk" and we are away.

# Positivity, Positivity at The Grove Street Arena

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast