+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season transfer rumours/potential signings

They wanted to keep him if their (bizarre to navigate) bored is anything to go by

From the OS

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Was on loan at Wimbledon last season, probably the best keeper in the league.
    Please let this be true! Never know how signings will work out but on paper 3 cracking signings

Am I herring this right? Alex Bass, from Sunderland again, sounds fishy to me but I won't carp on about it.

16 clean sheets last season, 70% save percentage. Only the Stockport GK performed better last season. He's the best GK in the league. I'm astonished we've pulled this signing off tbh.

Good work notts. Things starting to come together,got 14/1 last week, think that might drop if other signings match the first three.

Again puts to bed all this nonsense talk from some regarding the owners looking for bargain basement players, that’s another fee paid for a player and his wages won’t be cheap. I get the feeling were absolutely going for it this season.

looks like another upgrade.

we've signed players that look good on paper before, but these last 3 signings seem to show how attractive Notts (incl. Maynard) are to the kind of quality players we want.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Again puts to bed all this nonsense talk from some regarding the owners looking for bargain basement players, that’s another fee paid for a player and his wages won’t be cheap. I get the feeling were absolutely going for it this season.
    agree. These are definitely statements of intent.

Bar when they crop up on Football Manager, I can’t confess to know much about Plant, Bedeau or Bass.

But what reassures me is that the obvious weaknesses have been identified and worked upon ASAP. Bass will be the number one so it’s about shipping two of the others out. Bedeau and Platt will clearly be pushing to start so that’s four good L2 CB’s at our disposal as it stands.

There’ll still be some recruitment done at the back and central midfield but on the face of it, that’s a strong start to proceedings.

Page 47 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast