+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notts County First team 24/25

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I cant remember a single person "raving" about those signings Morias and Randall were seen as squad fillers, Stone not so and turned out to be under par but I cannot remember any raving at all.
    No I would say on Morias and Randall most were sceptical and as you alluded to with Stone we were hoping maybe he could a be a steady number 1, Durham loves to massage the facts 😂

Thought I'd revive this thread given our new signing. If everyone's fit, I'd go with:

Bass

Macari / Platt / Bedeau / Cameron

Palmer / Robbo

Nemane / Crowley / Jones

Macca

Or if we want to play three at the back and get Jatta involved from the start:

Bass

Macari / Platt / Bedeau

Nemane / Palmer / Robbo / Jones

Crowley

Macca / Jatta

Still need 2x centre-mids and some cover for our wingers/wing backs.

It's great that our three signings so far all look like key first-team players, not squad-fillers or gambles.

So looking like one more centre back (right sided) and a couple of centre midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    So looking like one more centre back (right sided) and a couple of centre midfielders
    I’d add another ring winger to that list to replace Tobi leaving and Randall’s likely departure.

The second suggestion more likely I’d imagine based on comments from the club re the new defenders. You could shift Platt and Bedeau over and have Cam on the left as well. Macari and Chicksen’s place in the squad is an interesting one. They provide decent cover and suit a back 4 as fullbacks if we need to change system.

I’d expect a few squad players/loans maybe towards the end off the window as well. We saw last season and with Mansfield over the last few seasons (for those that listen to radio Nottingham) that it’s a physical league with lots of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Thought I'd revive this thread given our new signing. If everyone's fit, I'd go with:

Bass

Macari / Platt / Bedeau / Cameron

Palmer / Robbo

Nemane / Crowley / Jones

Macca

Or if we want to play three at the back and get Jatta involved from the start:

Bass

Macari / Platt / Bedeau

Nemane / Palmer / Robbo / Jones

Crowley

Macca / Jatta

Still need 2x centre-mids and some cover for our wingers/wing backs.

It's great that our three signings so far all look like key first-team players, not squad-fillers or gambles.

Tsaroulla looks a great signing. Certainly adds tactical flexibility. Could he do either the left full back job in a 4-4-2 or wing back in a 3-5-2. ?

Two new center mids inevitable, given Bostock, O'Brien and Bajarami have left, and Palmer will probably need to be eased into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Tsaroulla looks a great signing. Certainly adds tactical flexibility. Could he do either the left full back job in a 4-4-2 or wing back in a 3-5-2. ?

Two new center mids inevitable, given Bostock, O'Brien and Bajarami have left, and Palmer will probably need to be eased into the team.
    He's more of a winger than a defender so doubtful he can play left back. But well stocked there as Cameron and Chicksen play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He's more of a winger than a defender so doubtful he can play left back. But well stocked there as Cameron and Chicksen play there.
    My understanding was he played full-back in back four at first and then moved further up as a wing-back, and he's comfortable on either side. Pretty much perfect for what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    My understanding was he played full-back in back four at first and then moved further up as a wing-back, and he's comfortable on either side. Pretty much perfect for what we need.
    Your understanding is correct… straight from the horses mouth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast