+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sporting motivated to sell Diomande

Sporting motivated to sell Diomande

https://sportwitness.co.uk/newcastle...d-carpet-deal/

The outlet has another piece about Sporting’s interest in selling the centre-back for less than his release clause. That means his price dropping from €80m to €50-60m.

Let's see how much truth is in this one.

I hope we're not after him, after I discovered hes from The Ivory Coast. I thought he was french for some reason...

No ACON players for me. Its a no go for me, no matter how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    I hope we're not after him, after I discovered hes from The Ivory Coast. I thought he was french for some reason...

More yes than no, but wouldnt mind another Drogba or Salah.
    I would say for half the money it is worth the shot, if it is massive investment like 50-60 then I’d rather look somewhere else

Suspect in his case we'd be used to flush out interest from CL clubs to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Suspect in his case we'd be used to flush out interest from CL clubs to be honest.
    *rueful nod of head.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    *rueful nod of head.
    The noggin is getting a reet rueful workout these days chief 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    The noggin is getting a reet rueful workout these days chief ��
    aye...makes a change from rueful shaking

Following Newcastle has given me neck muscles like a bull, man

A Bola the Portuguese periodical have once again reported that we're following up our interest in Diomande, Sporting have, as previously mentioned, made it public that they'll take a reduced fee for the lad of £42million to £50million.

https://nufcfeed.com/newcastle-make-...g-price-606915

Yes indeed being African is a pain in the backside every few years the Cup of Nations being played in Jan. So annoying, FIFA should sort that out, they won't of course because the European domestic leagues and UCL are UEFA and FIFA hate them.

Anyway, back to this lad, regardless of whether he's gonna be away for a while every other year in Jan is no reason to turn our nose up at him.

We've got Lascelles & Krafthacuta as cover right now FFS.

The lad has the potential to be Kolo/Yaya Toure. Tall, Powerful, great in the air, reads the really well, UCL experience already at 20, good with both feet.

We'd have one hell of a pairing for the next 5 or so years with him and Botman.

A back line of:

England internationals Tino & Hall at full back and these two in the centre, Trafford in net. That's a solid defensive unit indeed.

Tino - Diomande - Botman - Hall
    --- Tonali - Bruno - Joelinton ---
    --- Olise - Isak - Gordon ---

That's a pretty mint first 11 that like!

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post

I agree. Especially in such a key position.

Unless its a low enough price to make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I agree. Especially in such a key position.

Unless its a low enough price to make it worthwhile.
    So by that logic, you guys wouldn't have signed, Yaya Toure or Mo Salah?

Come guys, if the lad is gonna mature to be our VDV as Botman develops to be our Kompany £50m for a lad who's gonna be with us for 6-8 years is a bargain.

Especially now we are a club with a board of directors and a recruitment team who over the next few windows will continue to bring in quality cover to replace Lascelles as we're seeing them do with Lloyd Kelly, we aren't gonna be moaning that he'll be away at the Cup of Nations if the same season we win the FA cup, League Cup of even the Premier League title are we?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)