+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New season 24/25 home kit revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    As naff a design as you are likely to get. The best thing about it is that it is a little more clean looking than usual.
    Design is important. In clothes it makes you feel good, it gives you confidence.
    You wouldn’t trust a solicitor who wore jeans.
    Having a shirt looking like a tied on bib….!? The bits around the sleeve ends look like a tattoo ring.
    We seldom have a balanced design in our kit, anyone who understands design will know what that means, they usually look as though kids at a primary school have had a competition to design one.

At the moment and for some time, nothing about our club looks as though it’s been done with some modicum of care, thought and professionalism.
    It may be ‘only a shirt’ to many, but cobbling something together, whether it be backroom staff, a squad or a kit design…..how you go about something says a lot.
    Just say you don't like it because it looks like a bib. That would have been a fair enough view to take. But instead, you've had to subject us to this pseudo-intellectual babble about it not being a "balanced" design.

And of course if the kit is rubbish then obviously it must mean the staff are all rubbish too. The pies are rubbish, the beer is rubbish, the squad is cobbled together, we're unprofessional, we disrespect the fans and we're all going to die.

Supporting this football club seems to make you very unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Just say you don't like it because it looks like a bib. That would have been a fair enough view to take. But instead, you've had to subject us to this pseudo-intellectual babble about it not being a "balanced" design.

And of course if the kit is rubbish then obviously it must mean the staff are all rubbish too. The pies are rubbish, the beer is rubbish, the squad is cobbled together, we're unprofessional, we disrespect the fans and we're all going to die.

The beer is rubbish. I'll die on that hill. Staff are decent though.... and if they don't burn the bottom I'm happy with the balti pies.

Beer though... sod that.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    The beer is rubbish. I'll die on that hill. Staff are decent though.... and if they don't burn the bottom I'm happy with the balti pies.

Beer though... sod that.
    I only really drink lager. The Poretti it quite nice, I don’t know about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    It's a nice kit other than the random bits of red down the sides that make it look like a bib.It will be interesting to see if Puma have massed produced this template for other clubs.I'm sure Switzerland were wearing something similar last night. Anyway at least TS doesn't get a say in the kit............we'd have purple shorts with yellow trim,turquoise socks and a pink shirt with orange polka dots to boot!

I love it, true! A golfing outfit. Nice one. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Do people with good dress sense wear football shirts? We're fans here, but it's a niche thing and I wouldn't think of anyone wearing a football shirt (any colour, any team) in a pub, at a gig, etc as having good dress sense.
    Barcelona shirt, cira terry venables….Brazil 1970….now THEY were football shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post

The feeling is many think it’s a bib. Having seen it, it’s a bib! :-)
    It is very obvious.

You want to stop and think why so many clubs want to wear a black or a dark shirt away. It’s because dark merges into the crowd and is harder to pick out for the home team. Dark was unheard of not so long ago.

Without doubt the overall kit is better than last year. Doesn’t stop bits looking a bit naff.

No need to rattle your cage.

I remember back in the 70s 'winning' a T shirt that when worn looked like I had a shirt, tie and waistcoat on. Back then as a t.eenager I thought it was cool. In 2024, wearing a football shirt purposefully designed to look like I'm wearing a bib. At 64 years old, much less cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Puma have massed produced this template for other clubs.
    It's the standard Puma template for this season, they've all got those stripes across the side panel and most have patterns on the collar and cuffs. Oldham and Port Vale for example have got it but obviously in different colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    The feeling is many think it’s a bib. Having seen it, it’s a bib! :-)
    It is very obvious.

You want to stop and think why so many clubs want to wear a black or a dark shirt away. It’s because dark merges into the crowd and is harder to pick out for the home team. Dark was unheard of not so long ago.

Without doubt the overall kit is better than last year. Doesn’t stop bits looking a bit naff.

No need to rattle your cage.
    Interesting view and not far off the truth.

Our home kit has always looked a bit like the Arsenal shirt.

That shirt was introduced by Herbert Chapman and was based on a golf top worn over a shirt design, red over white.

He later introduced the hooped socks because he thought it made the home players easier to spot

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That shirt was introduced by Herbert Chapman and was based on a golf top worn over a shirt design, red over white.
    Shouldn't there be an argyle pattern on it then?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast