+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: England game

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    Walker didn't do too badly out there compared with others. But he is such a cry baby - he just had to break lock down presumably because he hadn't fathered a child with Anne Other for five minutes. And technically he is suspect but his pace gets him out of trouble - great work for our goal but once he had to do something other than run fast he very nearly screwed it up.

It was an 'unusual' interview for sure. I think he wanted a biscuit.
    A Rusk would be apt

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If I'm reading my UEFA PDF fixture list right, it's shaping up to be England v Italy in the QFs with the winners of Group C v a 3rd place team to meet the winners of Runner-up A (probably Switzerland) v Runner-up B (probably Italy if this games stays 1-0 to Spain). If that's the case I'd expect England to tumble into the semi-finals without having to play to their potential.
    So for another lame excuse if we get that far & get knocked out, is due to we haven't played any testing sides till now🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    A Rusk would be apt
    Much better

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    Much better
    It was truly abysmal! Just like the Iceland warm-up game. Honestly, I'm mystified as to why England are so bad. Is somebody drugging them?

Denmark were strangely happy with a point, but the first half decent team that has a real go will murder us.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the formation is or what the gameplan is?
    The gameplan seemed to be like it does for every game get the first goal early (first 25 minutes) then "manage" the game which basically means in the case of England games protect what you've got by dropping off and sitting deeper in a low block and try and keep a clean sheet and rely on a moment of individual brilliance to potentially get your second goal. A Neal Ardley respect the point mentality.

It was the same against Italy in the last Euro final and I felt that we had a great opportunity to go on and win that game.

It's dull, dour boring football. Where are the ooohh and arhhh moments of brillance from these stars. All safe cautious and bland.

England for me need a Luke Williams type of manager who is going to install a high line and aggressive press.

This post may not age well if we go on and win the tournament as this will all be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    It was truly abysmal! Just like the Iceland warm-up game. Honestly, I'm mystified as to why England are so bad. Is somebody drugging them?

Denmark were strangely happy with a point, but the first half decent team that has a real go will murder us.
    I actually thought we had a decent side coming into the tournament, but we’ve been pretty clueless so far. I don’t care if we don’t win it, I just want to see the manager and players go for it.

Hopefully the reset button will be hit on Tuesday because based on the games so far, we’re way behind Spain and Germany (Spain were great at everything apart from sticking the ball in the net tonight).

They all played like they'd done a night shift on the coal face then an ten pint session in the pub before pulling on the Jersey and somehow managed to look even worse as after the subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post

I think abysmal is rather generous. My 'much better' was a reply to Glad2b etc's contention that Walker should have been thrown a rusk rather than my original suggestion of a biscuit. I mistakenly assumed a level of maturity (in Walker) which hadn't previously been evident.

I do wonder why we (and I include my ludicrously optimistic self in that) are surprised when we turn in a terrible non-performance. I have a general concern that coaches in England don't actually coach but 'tell'. Coaching in industry is providing the knowledge, understanding, and skill set to perform at your best in all circumstances (not necessarily well but 'best'). Much apparent coaching in England removes decision making and substitutes telling players what to do in each phase. [I'd imagine Pep and Arteta to be the worst, but that is a bit of a guess, and Mrs Mouf will tell me off for having a go at the unfeasibly dark haired Arteta.]

Anyway we were garbage but glad2b was spot on with his rusk!
    Last edited by M0ufMk3; 20-06-2024 at 09:55 PM. Reason: clearer

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    They all played like they'd done a night shift on the coal face then an ten pint session in the pub before pulling on the Jersey and somehow managed to look even worse as after the subs.
    This ^

The problem is Southgate, He is tactically inept and has no idea what he his doing. To those who believe he is the best manager since Ramsey need their head looking at. He is crap..

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast