+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Euro's

Crediting McHogmanay with the goal?

They’ll draw with Hungary and claim some sort of glory from it.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Crediting McHogmanay with the goal?

They’ll draw with Hungary and claim some sort of glory from it.
    You ken fine well that we will beat Hungary and lose out due to goal difference.

It's the Scotland way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    You ken fine well that we will beat Hungary and lose out due to goal difference.

It's the Scotland way.
    Four points may be good enough for third place qualification.

Likely to be a moot point anyway.

This is a replay of 1998 World Cup. Lose the opening game, get a point to raise expectations and then get humped by the team we underestimate

There have been loads of tournamnets where Scotland have had to win their last group game to reach the next round and every time they have screwed it up. Expect the same thing to happen again.

The English are holding inquiries into what has gone "wrong" for them in this tournament.

They have all but qualified for the next round, so I don't know why they are moaning. Perhaps they think they are entitled to win every game 10-0 because they're the best in the world and that.

Apart from Bellingham and Kane, they don't have any world class players, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    The English are holding inquiries into what has gone "wrong" for them in this tournament.

They have all but qualified for the next round, so I don't know why they are moaning. Perhaps they think they are entitled to win every game 10-0 because they're the best in the world and that.

Apart from Bellingham and Kane, they don't have any world class players, if you ask me.
    As much as I hate the English football team, they do have a very good squad and in Bellingham they have a player destined for great things.
    Weak in a few areas, but even then still decent enough players.

Their issue is sheer expectation from their fan base.

Look at our lot in comparison. Get to the knockout stages and there won't be any whisky left in Scotland.

If I mind right, you are based in England, which must be a pretty insufferable place to be a jock at the moment with the Euros on.

If I mind right, you are based in England, which must be a pretty insufferable place to be a jock at the moment with the Euros on.
    Not really. They don't seem as arsed about it as usual. Normally there's England flags on almost every car, but I haven't seen any.

It's a pretty insufferable place to be English as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    This is a replay of 1998 World Cup. Lose the opening game, get a point to raise expectations and then get humped by the team we underestimate
    Having been at the Morocco game in 98 (having paid a pretty penny for the ticket) I have absolutely zero expectation for tonight.

Maybe they’ll surprise me*

* They won’t…

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast