+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

...Yes Ive went back on my earlier post after taking into considerstion some hard facts and hit my pre conceived notions wacamole style. May not be as mad asit sounds. All we need is a younger Wilson really who gets injured less and he did spend more time on the field last season.

I still wouldn't do it personally.

I'd like it if Brathewaite could come into the mix somehow. Loan Minteh only and pick up DCL and JB for a reasonable price given the circumstances. Wouldn't low ball them but a fair price and ethical offer may swing it. We aren't an Ashley or Rat face club.

I think we need to be thinking like this as a w big club. We may need to deal with these clubs again in the future and classy behavior and fair play on our part now may pay off later.

May as well keep Wilson, better striker IMO. The only reasoning i can think of for this move would be Eddie thinking he can squeeze 38 games from the pair of them.

A no from me.

So we are happy to sell Minteh according to the papers, and after DCL! That seems like a backward step to me like, and NOT what I expected. VERY disappointed!

Just read that we offered Wolves cash plus Elliot Anderson for Max Kilman, first getting rid of Mintah now Anderson.

His goal scoring stats are terrible apart from the 2019 season he got 13 goals and 2020 he got 16. His next highest was 7 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Just read that we offered Wolves cash plus Elliot Anderson for Max Kilman, first getting rid of Mintah now Anderson.
    Where's that from? If it involves Anderson, i'd say it was bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    So we are happy to sell Minteh according to the papers, and after DCL! That seems like a backward step to me like, and NOT what I expected. VERY disappointed!
    The stories this week have been more and more stupid. 2 left footed left sided Italian centre backs are apparently top billing on our transfer list. Luke 'in the know, know nothing' Edwards suddenly has the scoop despite his finger being so far away from the pulse of the club jammed squarely up his keister. No one else has mentioned this is even approaching a reality.

Arabic language sources say DCL's name was mentioned. Nothing more at this stage. Not word 1 from Craig Hope is usually far more fanciful and verbal about any kind of transfer progress mate.

Taking a step back and getting a bit of perspective whilst the Euros are on and the Journos have nothing to do.

If further evidence were needed, we've been linked with Niko Williams in all week despite the kid signing a new long term deal at Bilboa in December.

The winger signed a new deal as recently as December, and he was asked about his future during these Euros, and he gave a pretty stern response.“I’m very happy at Athletic,” he told Mundo Deportivo. “It’s a club that has given me everything, that has supported me 100 per cent. I am very happy in Bilbao and that is all I have to say. I am quite certain, as I have told you, Athletic is my home. I am very happy, and what I want to do is concentrate on the Euros 100 per cent, and everything else, I don’t know what will happen.

“I have to concentrate on one thing. I don’t like things that are not relevant in the moment. I have told my agent that I don’t want to know anything until the Euros finish. I am 100 per cent concentrated.” Asked about the new contract he recently signed, Williams added: “Ultimately, I am very comfortable in Bilbao, they knew that I wanted to continue there. Both sides know it and I was very happy and decided to renew with the team of my dreams.”

Bilbao president commented:

Athletic Club president Jon Uriarte has made it clear transfer speculation will not be discussed. He told the same outlet: “We’re not here to talk about rumors. Nico is happy in Bilbao and at Athletic, as he has mentioned before. We’re pleased with Nico.” Asked if another new contract could be agreed to raise the winger’s release clause, he added: “We would love to share more information about club operations, but we usually don’t disclose details until everything is finalized.”

These comments are as clear a message the lad isn't leaving this summer as Isak's were at the end of the season with all the BS Arsenal reports. The press were 100% sure the lad would be in a Gooners shirt by July.

Until we hear something real from the club I'm not gonna get too wound up about this rehased DCL BS.

If the club do sign him it's not going to sit well with the fans. It will be a huge mis-step that will cause a lot of anger on the terraces.

Let's all just hope it's a smoke screen for someone with genuine talent and ability. Most notably, availability.

My 2 cents regarding DCL:

✅️ Premier League Proven
    ✅️ Good age
    ✅️ Won't cost a bomb
    ✅️ Will be happy playing second fiddle to Isak
    ✅️Helps the home grown quotas

❎️ Injury prone
    ❎️ Not prolific (barring one season)
    ❎️ Not 'elite' level.

Verdict: Basically, he's Callum Wilson. All of the above was true for Wilson when we signed him (apart from Wilson's goals per game ratio was better).

I'm not 'excited' by bringing DCL in, but he's just about the best we can get I think IF you want a decent age, premier league experience and happy enough to not be definite first choice.

-------------------------------------------

This is what someone on another group I'm on said. I see all his points but DCL really doesn't enthuse me,

Minteh going opposite way worries me lots, i really don't want to see him at another prem club if we have to sell him, even more so to someone like Everton when he can be so much higher.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)