+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 📺Summer Catch Up with Stuart Maynard

Going by the reaction to the signings Notts have made so far, it's not going to be an option for people to blame Montague next season if Maynard can't restore the club to at least the position he found it in. It'll be all on him with no place to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Going by the reaction to the signings Notts have made so far, it's not going to be an option for people to blame Montague next season if Maynard can't restore the club to at least the position he found it in. It'll be all on him with no place to hide.
    Give it the first 10 games and see if he can deliver, it's all on him.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm very calm, thanks for asking Swale. I have no confidence in this bunch of idiots whatsoever. We will be in the same scenario that England find themselves in at the moment. Having quality players and being lead by a buffoon...
    You were behind him till a short corner in the dying seconds of the last game of the season 😂😂😂.
    I’m wiping the slate clean with him, we need to be positive now, that said no excuses as he has a full
    Pre season, the LW hangover should be long gone and at the mo on paper we have an extremely good looking squad.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well I, for one, am prepared to give them and the whole backroom team a clean slate for the new season. With a full pre-season, new players, new pitch and so on, it strikes me that hanging grimly on to the disappointment and frustration of a season long gone isn't a good recipe for a happy summer.

Each to their own though, obviously.
    History, if he doesn't learn from the past, he will continue to make the same mistakes. Or, we can look forward to him this time around winning the record number of wins at home on the bounce. Have the club shop got a new line in rose tinted spectacles that you are trialling? Might get a pair for my birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well I, for one, am prepared to give them and the whole backroom team a clean slate for the new season. With a full pre-season, new players, new pitch and so on, it strikes me that hanging grimly on to the disappointment and frustration of a season long gone isn't a good recipe for a happy summer.

Each to their own though, obviously.
    Why? Maynard has proven himself to be piss poor. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    That's putting it mildly!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Well the alternative is a totally negative mindset. Which is pointless. He isn't going anywhere. Get behind them and let's see. Will it work out? Well I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Well the alternative is a totally negative mindset. Which is pointless. He isn't going anywhere. Get behind them and let's see. Will it work out? Well I have no idea.
    100% agree. Negativity won't help the cause, nor will jumping on SM the moment something doesn't go our way. Let's get behind him and the team and see where it takes us. He's still a bit of an unknown, but I truly hope it works out for him. He has everything in place now for that to happen (apart from some people seemingly willing him to fail, that is).

One thing that has impressed me about his time here is that he hasn't let the criticism get to him. He's remained focused and hasn't lost any belief in himself or his team. It would have been easy to let that awful run last season crush him, especially given his lack of experience, but he kept on going. Just hope it all comes to something positive in the end.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 23-06-2024 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    isn't this the views of any normal Notts fan ?
    The key word there is normal😋

The fans that have already declared him useless will now justify that opinion until he’s no longer with the club.
    Even if we’re top of the league we’ll get the old ‘I could have that squad top of the league with those players.’
    The jury is still out for me with SM. Comparing him with LW at this point is unfair. SM came into a club with high expectations and low morale/confidence/form.
    If we’re comparing him to LW then the start of this season is a fair like for like.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast