+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    i actually think, if fit with a good pre-season behind him, he could be a really good buy once Eddie gets his hands on him.

I guess it's that 'if fit' part that is the main issue.
    But, I need to clarify, I'd rather we didn't go for him (although more reputable journos are saying we are now). And it would be a huge mis-step if we let him go to Everton unless it was a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Where's that from? If it involves Anderson, i'd say it was bollocks.
    This from The Mag, don't know what it's worth.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/06/new...rt-max-kilman/

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    This from The Mag, don't know what it's worth.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/06/new...rt-max-kilman/
    Cheers, man.

Got to say, Eddie Howe might be fine with it (if it's true) but I'm not.

Anderson has huge potential and should be part of our future, imo.

Anderson does and I wouldn't be happy with it.

But . . . . if we do need to raise money, he offers pure profit in an area we're pretty stocked with another young midfielder coming through from the academy.

Basically. . . it's what Chelsea do all the time in selling off their academy products for decent money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Anderson does and I wouldn't be happy with it.

But . . . . if we do need to raise money, he offers pure profit in an area we're pretty stocked with another young midfielder coming through from the academy.

Basically. . . it's what Chelsea do all the time in selling off their academy products for decent money.
    Think we need to give Anderson time to show what he can do, and for me that means selling Longstaff before we even think of selling Anderson (or Miley).

Think we know the level of Longstaff, and he’ll never be more than a squad player… currently (at best) 5th choice but could be blocking Miley and Anderson from getting games and developing… he’s also pure profit and I doubt there’s much difference in asking price (at this stage in Anderson’s development)

Before I get too wound up about this one. I asked about to see what I could find out.

Not much as it happens.

The club has asked what Everton want for DCL in terms of transfer fee.

So, these reports saying that we are signing him are "Luke Edwards" away from being true.

In other words the club has asked about Sesko from last year and to be kept informed about his situation. Like Jonathan Davids and so many other targets.

The recruitment team has been in touch with all the clubs and agents of players who fit our 'profile'.

Take this anyway you want but for me it's still along way from being a genuine transfer.

I remember the Barella certainty from the same muppet?

Name:  Barella Edwards.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  79.7 KB

Yeah so take what this clown says with a very large glass of scepticism.

We all know how the rumour mill works.

One clown messages another clown.

Edwards get's a message from DCL's agent:

"Newcastle are signing him, shhhhhhhh!"

Edwards messages 'A source close to the club' - ergo another journo with zero info

"I've got a source telling me NUFC are about to close on DCL, can you confirm"

The Source - playing with crayons and dribbling into his lap

"you didn't hear that from me, wink, wink"

Edward's goes public with his 'Exclusive.
    All other publications Sky etc fall over themselves to repost this dross because it's reported by a 'credible source'.

Bollox!

https://tbrfootball.com/newcastle-ma...-is-fantastic/

Price the DCL £37m hahahahahahahahahaha

It's getting better and better.

Let's just take a moment to consider how insane that is.
    Last edited by Ragatino; 23-06-2024 at 08:27 AM.

A lot of negativity and dare I say panic in this thread. Calvert-Lewin is a good player. Yes he has his injury problems, which is an obvious concern, but he’s a typical Eddie Howe player. Works hard pressing defenders, makes good runs in behind, can hold up the ball well and is great on the air. He would add a lot to our attacking options. Ultimately it will come down to price. If we can get him for £30 million or under and if we can keep him fit, he would be an astute purchase.

Selling Mintah and Anderson is pathetic there are players who should be sold before them Miggy Murphy Longstaff etc, Signing Calvert Lewin is just strange he is just another Wilson quality striker but misses to many games with injury. If this is our summer transfer dealings we are going backwards not forwards.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)