+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mr Southgates latest !

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Things have never been the same since he got rid of the waistcoat.

He needs to get that back and build from there.
    .......great idea....back then he thought he looked smart and played a smart game.

Same England. Same fans. You all sound like the daily mail. God help us when we loose a game

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Same England. Same fans. You all sound like the daily mail. God help us when we loose a game
    So you're the one that buys the Daily Mail

😆

I don’t think we will have to wait too long on this showing.

You have a point Cayton. The performances have been awful there is no doubt but why do we do this to ourselves? Build ourselves up to ridiculous levels and then implode at such an alarming rate that all that is left is hatred,mud slinging blame and so many opinions your head is left in a spin.It's actually how the Tories have acted over many decades!

No matches on today until 8pm

Badly organised.

The media and pundits have been horrendous.

Before a ball was even kicked against against Serbia, and Bellingham was named in the starting eleven, I can't remember hearing anyone say that he shouldn't be playing there. But now he has, and it hasn’t worked, Southgate is made out to be a fool. Obviously he didn't help the situation by using the word "experiment" and use of that word has really triggered a pile-on from certain quarters.

But the hypocrisy doesn't end there. Foden, playing on the left hasn’t been as effective as we'd hoped, so he needs to be dropped or played more central. Fair enough. But who do we replace him with? Eze or Gordon? I get they play those roles for their clubs but they've barely pulled on an England shirt between them. Is that not an experiment too or is that ok? Same goes for Wharton starting in midfield. The lad has had half a season with Crystal Palace but apparently he's now the answer. He may well be, we don't know yet.

The bigger picture is that the whole squad is an experiment, not just Trent. I said on here before the tournament started that it feels like a World Cup development squad. This tournament should be Southgate's swansong and (in my opinion) it should be ending with his senior pros maturing into a tournament winning side. The likes of Grealish, Rashford, Maguire, Phillips and Henderson should all be at this tournament, if available. These are the players who got us to this tournament in the first place, beating Italy home and away in the process.

Southgate has been unlucky with some of the injuries that we've had, there's no doubt about that. But he's paid to make the right decisions and so far it looks like he hasn't.
    Last edited by Heliosphan; 23-06-2024 at 12:24 PM.

Southgate reminds me abit of David Icke on a different planet to almost everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Southgate reminds me abit of David Icke on a different planet to almost everyone else!
    A bit like yourself then

Apologies, the first line in my second paragraph above should say Trent Alexander (not Bellingham obviously).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast