+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruitment task

...although, having been recruited by Stevenage, I assume he must have height and muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    ...although, having been recruited by Stevenage, I assume he must have height and muscle.

Waited a long time for the first signing and a little uninspiring what does everybody else think ?

From the interview I get the impression he was the striker spoken to as mentioned in 'Inside Crewe'. In which case he was definitely a primary target rather then cover.
    So what is CBR up to?

He is 6ft 1 apparently. I must admit that I felt pleasantly surprised by his signing. I accept that he is 32 but we certainly need experience especially if Baker-Richardson does not sign a new deal. Useful back-up if he does.

From the interview I get the impression he was the striker spoken to as mentioned in 'Inside Crewe'. In which case he was definitely a primary target rather then cover.
    So what is CBR up to?
    We dud seem to have gone out to get him, but maybe to replace Nev not CBR (yet)? As another 32 year old wanting to be nearer home and have his son in range to watch him, if he does half as well as Mickey D .....

So have Rio and CBR been given deadlines? If so, wonder when that is (end of month?). Also if that is the case does he call their bluff and sign replacements or what? Wouldn't mind so much if that happened with CBR but I'd like to keep Rio.
    As Rio is still in the right age bracket, we'd be able to command a fee for him, which might be off-putting for the level of club who might be interested in him. So, if he did stay, the contract has to be longer than a single year.
    I see that Robinson (who despite some references on here, WILL put in some appearances next year) has finally signed but what about Sant?

So have Rio and CBR been given deadlines? If so, wonder when that is (end of month?). Also if that is the case does he call their bluff and sign replacements or what? Wouldn't mind so much if that happened with CBR but I'd like to keep Rio.
    As Rio is still in the right age bracket, we'd be able to command a fee for him, which might be off-putting for the level of club who might be interested in him. So, if he did stay, the contract has to be longer than a single year.
    I see that Robinson (who despite some references on here, WILL put in some appearances next year) has finally signed but what about Sant?
    Rio they've said we'd be due compensation, which as you say limits his choices - my bet is he's asked if he can sign for one year, we've said 2 but will sell if offer is right, and they're haggling. I suspect Robinson signing and Hemmings is indicative of players returning from post season holidays, and maybe Sant, Rio and CBR are also now back in circulation. As you say they'll have to have a deadline at least in mind to know whether to go elsewhere or not. As for Robinson, he did say in interview he's recovering from knee injury, will miss pre-season but hopes to be running by September, so no U-21 games till after that and if he's to get close to first team it'll be nearer Chrsitmas you'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Rio they've said we'd be due compensation, which as you say limits his choices - my bet is he's asked if he can sign for one year, we've said 2 but will sell if offer is right, and they're haggling. I suspect Robinson signing and Hemmings is indicative of players returning from post season holidays, and maybe Sant, Rio and CBR are also now back in circulation. As you say they'll have to have a deadline at least in mind to know whether to go elsewhere or not. As for Robinson, he did say in interview he's recovering from knee injury, will miss pre-season but hopes to be running by September, so no U-21 games till after that and if he's to get close to first team it'll be nearer Chrsitmas you'd think.
    Having an academy is useless as most of the graduates are far too young for pro football and so what is the point of spending over a million a year on a failing project? Spend what money you have on seasoned players...A million a year would get some decent fourth division players...They are also injured most of the time and we are paying the wages for players off sick....Then when they get into the team they want away asap where the big bucks are...I don't rate any of the players as none are good enough for Pro football and Rio was useless as a full back and never stopped a cross coming in from the opposition. Put them all on a transfer list and don't pay them until they sign a minimum of two years as when they sign just one, come Christmas and they are in talks with other clubs not to sign extensions and then get a lump sum in signing....I would get rid of the academy and sign 32 year olds every day as they know the game. Stay fit longer and are not looking to move on right away..

ie Football is in a complete mess and no wonder the gates are going down...

The other option is give them what all other workers get....ie a three month contract....What PL clubs give managers three year contact is nuts as most leave with a great big compensation package..Give them one season at a time and if successful give them an extension..If not sack them...

All those years of academy training and hundreds of millions spent on them and look at the evidence of a failed project in the Euros...

BTW don't we have some millionaires on our Board of Directors??
    Last edited by MikeSB; 23-06-2024 at 12:17 PM.

Just to add that when one academy is shut down, then all the others wil follow suit and clubs will save tens of millions in the process and there will be hundreds of academy employees sacked...

I learned that employing first principles in my educational life was essential and that applies everywhere...Footballers are defined by their natural ability as most people are in the arts and business and we have spent what here in the last 12 seasons? 12 million plus pounds? What has been achieved in that time to justify that sort of cash expenditure as the plain fact is that without PL/FA money no club our size would have an academy,only an after school footie group....and d'you know what? You wlll still see some excellent footballers coming through as they did for over 100 years since the game started....First principles, chaps, first principles...No talented person needs coaching..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 23-06-2024 at 01:04 PM.

MSB, remember when you accused me of repeating things I'd said before..........😁

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast