+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll lose faith in Eddie Howe

I'll lose faith in Eddie Howe

If we sign Calvert Lewin and Max Kilman and sell Minteh and Anderson..

I'm sorry but that makes zero sense.. even from a PSR point of view..

2 players with maximum potential for 2 bang average Premier league players..

I'm not being negative here and I normally sit on the fence between optimism and pessimism but surely this is a non story..

Signings like these are the reason we need a DoF..

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    If we sign Calvert Lewin and Max Kilman and sell Minteh and Anderson..

I'm sorry but that makes zero sense.. even from a PSR point of view..

2 players with maximum potential for 2 bang average Premier league players..

I'm not being negative here and I normally sit on the fence between optimism and pessimism but surely this is a non story..

Signings like these are the reason we need a DoF..
    I dunno about lose faith but these two signings, if true, especially the striker will potentially cost Howe his job.

The Everton man is simply not good enough.

I remember comments like this before and after we signed Gordon best sit on the fence

The thing is, in terms of players coming in, we need to build a squad that's better than the one we've got.

Nothing is confirmed yet, especially regarding Anderson and what hasn't been discussed, are the other, more exciting targets we're inevitably looking at.

This won't be the sum of our business nor will it be the most important business we do so it's important to keep your powder dry and wait to see how things pan out.

Make no mistake about it, though-Eddie Howe is THE gaffer and anybody who comes in or leaves will do so with his blessing/say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Make no mistake about it, though-Eddie Howe is THE gaffer and anybody who comes in or leaves will do so with his blessing/say so.

He will have to take the criticism if he f*cks up then. That's only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    He will have to take the criticism if he f*cks up then. That's only fair.
    Oh, absolutely.

On balance with all this there is zero benefit in us losing Tonali, Anderson and Minteh to gain DCL and Kilman. Really like FFS?

POINTLESS and my feeling is its all wishful thinking and rumours from our rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    I remember comments like this before and after we signed Gordon best sit on the fence
    Fir me it is not about whether Kilman or DKL succeed or not. Whoever comes in (for reasonable money) will add something.
    It is about losing Minteh and Anderson without giving them proper chance.

I dont know about Anderson, though. May be he thinks he isnt going to break into that midfield any time soon and asked for a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Exactly. We’ve been here before with Gordon and now he’s one of our most important players. DCL and Kilman are both proven Premier League players. Kilman is a ball playing centre back who has a bit of pace, is strong in the air and can play in a back 3 or flat 4. Anderson on the other hand hasn’t (yet) convinced me he is, or ever will be, Premier League quality. Same goes for Minteh. It would be foolish to back potential over proven class.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    Exactly. We’ve been here before with Gordon and now he’s one of our most important players. DCL and Kilman are both proven Premier League players. Kilman is a ball playing centre back who has a bit of pace, is strong in the air and can play in a back 3 or flat 4. Anderson on the other hand hasn’t (yet) convinced me he is, or ever will be, Premier League quality. Same goes for Minteh. It would be foolish to back potential over proven class.
    Difference was Gordon was a young talent with bags of untapped potential which Eddie and team are really developing.

We have all watch DCL spend most of his career on the treatment table. We have a big enough sample size to know what the fella is all about. He's only scored double figures twice in his entire career.

Not good enough even for 2nd fiddle. Will played less games and scord more goals.

Silver lining is that he wouldn't be the only striker wd be bringing in. So rather than 2nd choice he'd be 3rd fighting for the 2nd place.

Which gets me thinking. Everton pay him £120,000 a week.
    1 - why would we pay that amount to a 3rd choice who will see more treatment than Jordans boobs
    2 - why would Everton's 1st choice striker want to come ans fight it out with another to be 2nd fiddle to another, more likely, fitter striking option.

The more rhus goes on the less is seems to make sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)