+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever been hoodwinked by the music media?

Ever been hoodwinked by the music media?

Have you ever bought into the hype surrounding a band or artist, believing for a period of time that they were ground breaking geniuses only to reassess a few months later to realise they were nothing of the sort and were safe, predictable and thoroughly average. Have you been suckered by the image rather than actual musical content?

If so which bands?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Have you ever bought into the hype surrounding a band or artist, believing for a period of time that they were ground breaking geniuses only to reassess a few months later to realise they were nothing of the sort and were safe, predictable and thoroughly average. Have you been suckered by the image rather than actual musical content?

If so which bands?
    my pierrot dolls

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

If so which bands?
    Not groundbreaking or geniuses, because I think music has pretty much stretched to the limits a long time ago, and now it's more iterative. I've gotten on hype trains though, to be let down after early promise...
    Idles. Ezra Collective. Pharoahe Monch. Maybe a couple of others got me interested for a time.

Each to their own I suppose but I've never understood the massive hype over Ed Sheeran

Repetitive drivel that sold millions

Raging Pup’s going to hate me for this but I never felt Kate Bush delivered anything much after the initial promise. Just a bit too precious and vaguely ‘arty’.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Raging Pup’s going to hate me for this but I never felt Kate Bush delivered anything much after the initial promise. Just a bit too precious and vaguely ‘arty’.
    CT I’m not sure it was the music but a bit of a crush on Kate. ,. I’m afraid music left me behind after about 1972.I find hell of a lot today can’t sing.

Dunno about artists but I've been ripped off monthly by distro outfits telling me they were gonna make me a star 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    CT I’m not sure it was the music but a bit of a crush on Kate. ,. I’m afraid music left me behind after about 1972.I find hell of a lot today can’t sing.
    Oh I had one of those on Kate Bush as well, Lolmorgan! I think that contributed to the sense of disappointment about her music. Great looks and figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Each to their own I suppose but I've never understood the massive hype over Ed Sheeran

Repetitive drivel that sold millions
    Yes literally
    Not even live music. Recorded on a loop system and then played back

The NME/ Melody Maker used to hype up these rubbish bands, often ones that their mates were in.

Menswear, Gay Dad, Bis, These Animal Men, Tiger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast