+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll lose faith in Eddie Howe

I agree it makes no sense and certainly not something I want us to do.

However, it does make sense from a PSR point of view.

We sell Minteh for £40 million - that's £33 million profit, plus Anderson being sold as pure profit. . . basically sorts our PSR issue for this season before 30th June.

I don't want it but from PSR does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    I remember comments like this before and after we signed Gordon best sit on the fence
    The difference is I knew Gordon was going to be a hit. Maybe one of the few fans who did. I wanted him signed a year before we actually did. I know what we will get with DCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    The difference is I knew Gordon was going to be a hit. Maybe one of the few fans who did. I wanted him signed a year before we actually did. I know what we will get with DCL.
    Me too. I never expected Gordon to improve so fast with us but his technical ability when playing for Everton was clear to see, so I was pleased when we signed him. I would not be pleased if we signed DCL.
    I think there’s a couple of smoke screens here. I think the Wolves chat is really about Neto and I think Minteh might end up sold or on loan to the Scouse mackems.

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    I remember comments like this before and after we signed Gordon best sit on the fence
    I was pleased when Gordon signed.. wouldnt feel the same if these transfers happen.. Kilman.... maybe... DCL 100% not

People didn’t like Gordon because he was a little pr1ck. DCL is not even as good as Wilson he wouldn’t polish Wilson’s boots.

He’s a mediocre signing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    People didn’t like Gordon because he was a little pr1ck. DCL is not even as good as Wilson he wouldn’t polish Wilson’s boots.

He’s a mediocre signing.
    Gordon was very much misjudged. Priick he wasn't then and is not.now.

Irrelevant now It appears the deal is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I agree it makes no sense and certainly not something I want us to do.

However, it does make sense from a PSR point of view.

We sell Minteh for £40 million - that's £33 million profit, plus Anderson being sold as pure profit. . . basically sorts our PSR issue for this season before 30th June.

I don't want it but from PSR does make sense.
    If Liverpool etc are after Minteh for £40Mil plus, then why aren't we. After all we can have him for nowt.

And wait until later to see if we want to keep him or sell him.

After all if he was on another club's books we might have been chasing him. Let him have a season in the Prem and then see what he''s really worth.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 24-06-2024 at 02:06 PM.

Faith resorted Tutsterinho?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Faith resorted Tutsterinho?
    We need a DoF and quickly mate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)