+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sadiq Khan bans the England flag

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The banning of flags or otherwise, has nothing whatsoever to do with me disliking him; in my opinion, he’s a horrible little man.
    Oh what a surprise. Just admit it, you don’t like foreign looking folk.

I think we should be more annoyed with Boris about this than being annoyed at Khan for not overturning it. I actually don’t think Khan would ban a flag, nor does he hate England. But this is clearly getting whipped up by RW press that i’m disappointed in soulman not checking facts, again. Misinformation and poor links of unreputable sources are the cause of and creates more division.

Posters please don’t be fooled by Farage. I don’t care who you vote for otherwise but please DON’T vote for his party.
    Actually, Reform is not technically registered as a political party like the others but as a business if you look into it. This way they can avoid disclosing who funds them.
    Apparently one of his funders is very much associated with a climate change denial group hence his spouting about climate change denial.
    Also, more worryingly by Farage and some of his candidates are the pro-Russian propaganda sentiments.
    This man is a dangerous right wing popularist politician just like his mate Trump, don’t be fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Posters please don’t be fooled by Farage. I don’t care who you vote for otherwise but please DON’T vote for his party.
    Actually, Reform is not technically registered as a political party like the others but as a business if you look into it. This way they can avoid disclosing who funds them.
    Apparently one of his funders is very much associated with a climate change denial group hence his spouting about climate change denial.
    Also, more worryingly by Farage and some of his candidates are the pro-Russian propaganda sentiments.
    This man is a dangerous right wing popularist politician just like his mate Trump, don’t be fooled.
    Did you see the crowd in Devon on Monday to see Farage speak?

It wasn’t all 60+ white van drivers, it appeared to be a big cross section of society Liqui.

This is what happens when your regular parties such as Labour and Conservatives forget when their reason detre actually is, forget the very essence of what their core beliefs are all about.

It leaves the room for a Trump, a Farage, a Le Penn ……,,they big parties are not watching and listening, they are too busy infighting and navel gazing.

The biggest culprit for this entire mess is David Cameron.

I’m repeating myself I know but his lack of strength in dealing with the EU when Brexit vote was an obvious consequence of their refusal to discuss any concessions with him has lead us to this point.

There’s no way a 38% share of the vote should give Labour the mega landslide it will gain.

I predict this, the Farage bandwagon will only grow, I reckon in the next 5 years the rallies will get bigger and bigger and that he will either join the Conservatives and become leader or he will destroy the party and will be a very close second to Labour in 2029.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post

I have never voted as pointless in my town as the Tories or Lib Dems easily win. I do get why many will vote for Farage though with some of his pledges on his manifesto even if it's a dream. People want hope especially the younger generation. If anyone says to me again the older generation had it harder are deluded - owning a house - university fees - meeting the opposite *** after Covid etc - seeing a GP - jobs. All much harder than ever and I could go on!

Tool makers son? What a complete w anker!!! As for Sunak and Boris many would love to punch their lights out!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    .......I quite like John Bercew
    Said nobody ever, not even his mom (possibly) 😉 ..... I imagine she probably even got the bailiffs in for his birth and slammed the 'door' for him on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Did you see the crowd in Devon on Monday to see Farage speak?

It wasn’t all 60+ white van drivers, it appeared to be a big cross section of society Liqui.

This is what happens when your regular parties such as Labour and Conservatives forget when their reason detre actually is, forget the very essence of what their core beliefs are all about.

It leaves the room for a Trump, a Farage, a Le Penn ……,,they big parties are not watching and listening, they are too busy infighting and navel gazing.

The biggest culprit for this entire mess is David Cameron.

I’m repeating myself I know but his lack of strength in dealing with the EU when Brexit vote was an obvious consequence of their refusal to discuss any concessions with him has lead us to this point.

There’s no way a 38% share of the vote should give Labour the mega landslide it will gain.

I predict this, the Farage bandwagon will only grow, I reckon in the next 5 years the rallies will get bigger and bigger and that he will either join the Conservatives and become leader or he will destroy the party and will be a very close second to Labour in 2029.
    It's very difficult for me to see how Farage has any credibility after Brexit.

Here's what I expect to happen if Reform ever were in power; they would crash the economy just as Liz Truss did, in fact I think they would do it worse.

Young people would be driven away from the country, although I'm not exactly young - I myself would explore opportunities abroad. Our country would become ever more isolated, xenophobic and unwelcoming. And over time the country would struggle to function. As I've mentioned many times, we need immigrants for the NHS, for picking fruit etc.

I do agree that Farage's long term plan is to take over the conservatives. But this brings me back to my original point, why or how does he have any credibility? He lied/mislead people over Brexit and this Reform manifesto is a complete fantasy.

As I said during and after Brexit. If the country votes in someone like Farage, then we deserve everything we get. And me and my family will likely be abroad and watching from afar.

I wonder how many younger people would do the same. This country needs young people, look at the demographic...we are an ageing country with a low-ish birth rate. They'll likely go elsewhere, and who would blame them.

I've always voted Labour as of all my family,I was a paid up Labour party memberand a proud trade unionist .
    I cancelled my Labour membership due to how the party revolved and ignoring the rank and file by trying to block Brexit .
    It's hard for to say but my wife and I have voted Tory, postal vote . Our MP Shaun Bailey is the best MP we had for years , he gets things done .
    I told him he got my vote because he is a good local MP and it didn't matter what party he represents.
    I'm guilty like most people of just voting for the party , not the actual MP .

I was in a car that drove between J2 Oldbury and J1 W.Brom on the M5 last weekend and Keltruck have a MASSIVE George flag flying high for EVERYONE who drives past to see, its unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Farage will be happy as many more supporters for his growing party. What I love about the US is all their flags are flown on government buildings and the national anthem is played before every sporting events - even an under 12’s gymnastics competition. Too right!!

All those banning our national flag and showing their love to other flags can always do one!

By the way Bercow was an absolute smarmy little toad and can understand why his Mrs did what she did!

Khan could always overturn the taxi flag debate. As after all - he must love this country and proud to be British as he’s got the passport!
    I bet you this didn't even come across Khan's desk.

This was TFL enforcing a policy decision made by a previous mayor. And the papers jumped on it.

I also don't know anyone who has banned our national flag - apart from Boris Johnson on London taxis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)