+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 📝 Rod McDonald signs

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Cameron would do a great job next season. But, unfortunately, I predict he'll be off.
    Port Vale interested in him apparently. As others have said, perhaps, if he is to stay at notts, moving into midfield would be the best option for him. Perfect Bajrami replacement really.

Quite an oddball signing for us. He'll be 34 when his two year contract concludes. As an asset he's likely to decline in value (horrid as it is to talk about a person that way, it's the truth). Didn't play much last season.

I'd have to assume we're planning to rotate this guy in to rest other defenders?

To spend like that on what's presumably a squad player is a bit of a statement by the club. Looks like we're serious about pushing for promotion this season IMO. Hopefully it pays off!

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Well all these new signings should sell a few tickets...But this guys had more clubs than I've had in my golf bag...
    Funny thing is that he has played a decent amount of games for most of the clubs he has been at.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 25-06-2024 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    McDonald sounds like a bit of a journeyman. Played for quite a few clubs
    Sounds like a bit of a clown to me or perhaps a hamburgler.

He had a trial for Kilmarnock Football Club, but apparently KFC didn't want him. He could be a good signing for Notts, but we've made mistakes before and this one might be a whopper.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 25-06-2024 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I reckon Cameron would be better converting himself into a midfielder tbh.
    I think a full back or even a more defensive option at left wing-back might work depending on our system, but it's a bit much to think a defender who was careless in possession and lacked awareness at times would just adapt to life as a midfielder in a high-possession side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Quite an oddball signing for us. He'll be 34 when his two year contract concludes. As an asset he's likely to decline in value (horrid as it is to talk about a person that way, it's the truth). Didn't play much last season.

I'd have to assume we're planning to rotate this guy in to rest other defenders?

To spend like that on what's presumably a squad player is a bit of a statement by the club. Looks like we're serious about pushing for promotion this season IMO. Hopefully it pays off!
    agree I think there have been a few 'statements of intent'.

If I had to guess, I'd say he's been brought in to be the Didzy of Defence, an experienced pro to set the tone in training and on match day, and push Platt, Bedeau and Cam for their spots if Cam stays. Maybe.

One thing for sure, the Mad curmudgeons can't complain that Notts Bros aren't taking defence seriously this pre-season!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Hope not...unlike some on here I really rate him..x
    Your joking. Went on more trips than Skills.

Based purely on age and experience in the dressing room then I’d say McDonald is the replacement for Brindley and/or Rawlinson.

We also have to remember that with JOB, Brindley and Bostock leaving the club it has only left Slocombe, Didzy, Chicksen and Rawlinson over the age of 30 in the squad. So that’s gone down from seven to four players. Now it goes up to to five and for me you need an experienced senior head in each department as in goalkeeper, defence, midfield and attack. This we now have.

Can any of these new signings take throwing's ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Sounds like a bit of a clown to me or perhaps a hamburgler.

He had a trial for Kilmarnock Football Club, but apparently KFC didn't want him. He could be a good signing for Notts, but we've made mistakes before and this one might be a whopper.
    Don't give up your day job mate😂

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast