+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Really? I personally think the opposite, compared to some other keeper names that were linked with us the signing of Dawson makes me think Phillips has a better choice of being number one.
    How many times have you seen Dawson play? I haven’t that much tbh but I’m happy to give him a chance like all the signings.
    Of all the players we have signed how many of the ones who are too old not quick enough or fans don’t fancy them playing for us have the said supporters seen play?
    I would guess not that much.

Agree BOTN
    Plenty of experts on here.
    I wish they were the manager and the chairman because we would have a wonder team in the premier league with finance absolutely no issue at all.
    Imagine every signing a success because of the knowledge they have. I don't get why SE and TS buy these failures over the hill players. Obviously like wasting money and creating rubbish teams.
    Let's get them out and the new ones in.
    UTM

The average age will come down with loanees. Any decent 20-26yo cost more than us and most other league 1 teams can afford.

SE has a budget and he has to make up a squad. Cameron for one, has good experience and he’s not old for a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    How many times have you seen Dawson play? I haven’t that much tbh but I’m happy to give him a chance like all the signings.
    Of all the players we have signed how many of the ones who are too old not quick enough or fans don’t fancy them playing for us have the said supporters seen play?
    I would guess not that much.

I've seen Dawson play quite a few times, mainly on TV but also live, I couldn't put a number on it but it's in double figures or else I wouldn't post an opinion on him. Other than a season in League Two on loan at Exeter he's never had a full season as number one so that suggests several Wednesday managers haven't been convinced by him either. I'm more than happy to give him a chance and nobody hopes he ends up being a great signing more than I do. Ironically I've seen more of Dawson than I have Dillon Phillips. I just personally don't think it's clear cut which will be number one just yet, but if I had to stick my neck out I think it'll be Phillips.

As for the other signings, I've barely made a comment on them as apart from the ones who have played for us before, I hadn't heard of most of them and either haven't seen or can't remember seeing them play so it'd be unfair to make a judgment, so I haven't.

I've seen Dawson play quite a few times, mainly on TV but also live, I couldn't put a number on it but it's in double figures or else I wouldn't post an opinion on him. Other than a season in League Two on loan at Exeter he's never had a full season as number one so that suggests several Wednesday managers haven't been convinced by him either. I'm more than happy to give him a chance and nobody hopes he ends up being a great signing more than I do. Ironically I've seen more of Dawson than I have Dillon Phillips. I just personally don't think it's clear cut which will be number one just yet, but if I had to stick my neck out I think it'll be Phillips.

As for the other signings, I've barely made a comment on them as apart from the ones who have played for us before, I hadn't heard of most of them and either haven't seen or can't remember seeing them play so it'd be unfair to make a judgment, so I haven't.
    I've just read a little piece by Paul Davis from when he was covering SWFC for the Star. He said he'd be ok for league one.

Like you I haven't seen or can remember seeing any of the other players signed in action and with Evans in charge we still may not

Whether it's by design or by chance, he's ended up with two keepers who have not cemented a regular role for anyone over a good length of time (the odd season, swapping in and out etc), which might just bring in the sort of competition that made Vickers/Johansson work out really well for us. Neither particularly excites me, but the situation doesn't seem as worrying now we have a reasonably solid looking pair of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprotmiller View Post
    Agree BOTN
    Plenty of experts on here.
    I wish they were the manager and the chairman because we would have a wonder team in the premier league with finance absolutely no issue at all.
    Imagine every signing a success because of the knowledge they have. I don't get why SE and TS buy these failures over the hill players. Obviously like wasting money and creating rubbish teams.
    Let's get them out and the new ones in.
    UTM
    Then why complain about last seasons squad it is after all what they could afford and they where in the main no older than the ones we are getting in now in a lower league , the excuse in the Championship was finances...I accept that to a degree but now in League one we are still getting old men on the cheap !

Like I said previously we will see and I really do hope I am wrong , but I seem to remember SE saying the age of the squad would be coming down not going up ! Why would he think age was an issue then, but now it's suddenly not !

You never know he may even bring Woody back yet !!
    Last edited by Cebuman; 25-06-2024 at 10:27 AM.

Haven't Swfc signed a 35 year old keeper and let a 28 year old go.
    Wonder what the comments on here would have been on here had it been the other way round.

Outfield players are different to keepers. I've paid in full season ticket but I'm getting feeling same under Warney jobs for the boys. Mcdonald for one he doesn't look an athlete!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Outfield players are different to keepers. I've paid in full season ticket but I'm getting feeling same under Warney jobs for the boys. Mcdonald for one he doesn't look an athlete!
    https://www.whoscored.com/Players/44...nder-MacDonald

Instead of making silly assumptions based on what he looks like, use that thing you're logged on with to find out a bit more. Every bit an athlete, and offers a lot more than much of 2023/24's squad.

Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast